I think this belongs here, if not I shall move it.

I'm going away for three weeks and I need to store my guitar, I have a case for it my main problem is I'm unsure as to wether I need to slacken the strings off while I'm away or just leave it tensioned up.

Any other storage advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: its a solid body electric if that makes any difference
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
take it with you. You'll prolly get bored. Otherwise... it shouldn't matter. Stick it in ur case, and put it in a room that no one in your house uses. I went out of state for a couple weeks, and left my guitar on my bed.... i came back and only 2 strings were out of tune lol.
From what I hear it's fine to leave them tight, which makes sense because what difference is it if your guitar is just sitting there for a few weeks, or being played occasionally for a few weeks, I don't think playing it makes it less likely to warp the neck, or anything else your worried about.
Thanks guys

p.s. I would take it if I could, but I'm going on a square rigged sailing ship, and I'm not sure how well it would cope with the salty air.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
As long as the humidity/temperature of the room the guitar is relatively the same 24/7 then you should be fine.

As for taking a guitar, maybe find a cheap acoustic off craigslist.
Quote by kaplac
As long as the humidity/temperature of the room the guitar is relatively the same 24/7 then you should be fine.

As for taking a guitar, maybe find a cheap acoustic off craigslist.

I was going to do that, then my parents decided it was a waste of money.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣