The strings are less then 2 weeks old and only have about 20 hours of use so far. The P.H.'s, especially on the 6th string have become a little weak. Is this an EMG con?
I don't think it's specific to EMG's. I know for a fact old strings with a lot of usage sound "worse" than brand new freshly stretched strings.

Also depending on the pH of your sweat, you could corrode strings faster than average-joe. I know I do
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Might be your strings. What brand of strings you using?
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Ernie Ball I believe, that's what I picked out when I bought the guitar

10's
Consider:

1) Wiping your strings down after playing, to get all your sweat and skin off/out of them.
2) Looking into Elixer or Cleartone brand strings.
Quote by sargasm
Make sure you unplug your guitar when you're not playing, if they're active pickups you could drain the battery rather fast if you leave the guitar always plugged in.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I just put a new battery in, that's why I'm little concerned. And I do whipe down my strings and I always unpllug my guitar. Strange, eh?
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Consider:

1) Wiping your strings down after playing, to get all your sweat and skin off/out of them.
2) Looking into Elixer or Cleartone brand strings.

+1 on elixer strings, i love them because they really do hold that new string sound for a long time
Yeah look at elixers, they should last x2 or x3 longer than typical strings, they do for me.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by bdof
Ernie Ball I believe, that's what I picked out when I bought the guitar

10's

Ernie balls sound good but corrode so fast its untrue.
I don't have a problem, with EB's. My hands sweat quite a bit, and I don't always wash my hands before. I wipe them down, and put my guitar in it's case, where guitars are meant to be stored.
All pickups are "affected" by older strings - however with EMGs having such low powered magnets then it's not unreasonable to assume that they'd be a little more sensitive to things like that.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No, **** Elixirs. They leave that coating residue all over the damn place after a month or so.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
The way I see it if I save a .50c a day, I can buy a new pack of strings every 2 weeks... it isn't that bad to just restring. If you care for them they will survive no matter how damaging you may be lol.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by l3p4rd
Yeah look at elixers, they should last x2 or x3 longer than typical strings, they do for me.

I definately noticed a difference in the coating, and the anti-rust technology did help, but i found that my tone changed quite a lot when I started using them? Anyone else find this?
Still use them on my acoustic, but back to EB on electric.
20 hours is quite a lot of use when you think about it.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12