Whats the difference between 12 string guitars to Electric-acoustic and Non-Electric acoustic. Why not buy an electric acoustic if you can play it with an amp and unplugged. Tone differences?

Pros and Cons? thanks.
=D
electtric can be used in gigs etc, ud need to get separate pickup thingys to play live with a non electro acoustic, electic is more expensive too
i think..

12 string>6string? kinda obvious..

some people might not like the tone with the extra hardware(plastic and metal) etc.. also non electric acoustics are mostly lighter because of that..
Quote by Alakazam
Whats the difference between 12 string guitars to Electric-acoustic and Non-Electric acoustic. Why not buy an electric acoustic if you can play it with an amp and unplugged. Tone differences?

Pros and Cons? thanks.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed elsewhere on this site, but just in case, I'll answer you anyway. Why not just buy an acoustic electric? Well...

If you don't plan on playing the guitar amped, you'll be paying for electronics that you don't even need. And those electronics drive the up the price of a guitar a good amount.

Some people like to buy the regular acoustic and add their own electronics later because they might hate the factory electronics. (i.e. the taylor expression shit)
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Yeah lol, sorry if this a repeat question. I tried to use the search bar, but I didnt see any familiar threads. :]

Thanks for the quick replys. much appreciated.

@ teokiatuan : 12 string guitars, I have not yet had the chance to try it out. Lol what is the obvious difference about it? more fuller? Ha i'll just have to try it out myself then.
=D
Quote by Alakazam

Pros and Cons? thanks.

12 stringed guitars have a different sound. none is better than the other. you'll get what i mean if you play one. each string is doubled so it gives a very funky effect.

Why not buy an electric-acoustic? there are plenty of reasons.
1. on board electronics are not easily upgradeable
2. on board electronics are often expensive
3. on board electronics may not have the features you want
4. on board electronics in cheap guitars are CRAP.
5. sometimes buying aftermarket is better

Electronics will weigh the guitar down ever so slightly. generally not enough to notice a difference.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.