I've been playing 14 months now. My gear is one of those starter pack Ibanez guitars and a Randall RG50TC, so the guitar is as crappy as it gets but my amp is okay.

Thing is, I don't know if I'll continue. Some days it's really funny and sometimes really boring. Should I take the risk and buy a new guitar? It would be around the 1000$ mark in that case. Btw, I'm in a band.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
If you feel the band will go somewhere, and you feel that you will go somewhere. Yes.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
If you don't think you're gonna stick with it then DO NOT go and spend a thousand dollars on a guitar. You can get a guitar that will suit your purposes for about 1/3 of that cost. I'd say go with that and then see how you feel.
It really all depends on how well you are progressing, if you feel that your gear is limiting you by all means. And buying a new guitar will probably inspire you to play a lot more.

Judging from your DP, I'll suggest a Epi Les Paul Standard.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Quote by zacharydak
It really all depends on how well you are progressing, if you feel that your gear is limiting you by all means. And buying a new guitar will probably inspire you to play a lot more.

Judging from your DP, I'll suggest a Epi Les Paul Standard.

Yeah I know, it's not so funny to play with a guitar that feels like crap...
But If I buy one, it would probably be an ESP LTD

All members in our band are really musical, so we probably would get somewhere if we really tried.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93
Yeah I know, it's not so funny to play with a guitar that feels like crap...
But If I buy one, it would probably be an ESP LTD

All members in our band are really musical, so we probably would get somewhere if we really tried.

In my honest and unbiased opinion I would advise to not get an LTD. You shouldn't buy a $500+ guitar unless you really know you are commited, and LTD qaulity control for guitars under $500 doesn't leave much to be desired.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Quote by zacharydak
In my honest and unbiased opinion I would advise to not get an LTD. You shouldn't buy a $500+ guitar unless you really know you are commited, and LTD qaulity control for guitars under $500 doesn't leave much to be desired.

But if I continued after I bought a cheaper guitar, then I must upgrade again after some time = more money
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
With an Epi Les Paul, you could play it for the next five years, no matter what your skill level is, they really shine through. Many famous guitarists still use their epiphones.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Quote by zacharydak
With an Epi Les Paul, you could play it for the next five years, no matter what your skill level is, they really shine through. Many famous guitarists still use their epiphones.

Would it suit my music style? Metallica, Maiden, Guns N' Roses etc... Also our own songs is a lot of clean stuff
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Les Paul's are renowned for their warm sound. Clean sounds Amazing. Slash uses Les Paul's exclusively, James Hetfield uses Les Pauls and Explorer exclusively (pretty much lol), and original Iron Maiden Guitarist Dennis Stratton used them.

Trust me, that guitar is known as one of the most flexible guitars on the market. I use an Les Paul Custom, which is pretty much an expensive fancy version of a Standard. And I play in a Metallica cover band, aswell as a progressive side project. It also does an awesome job at blues, classic rock, high gain extreme metals. You will not regret it dude.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Okay, I'll check that guitar!
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube