So I'm toying with the idea of getting myself a 5 string. me and the guitarist of my band were playing a song in drop C# (buried alive by venom BTW) today, and I thought it would be great to get that low C# without drop tuning (yes, I do realize that it is still a good idea to drop tune even a 5 string if thats how your band does it, but it was only for 1 song, and I find constantly retuning a pain in the ass). so, I was wondering if there is anything that would fit these specifications:

35" scale
active electronics w/3 band eq, preferably with mid control (though not necessarily active pickups)
preferably neck through, though I will accept a heel-less neck joint
price is an issue, and I'm somewhat, but not overly, weight conscious
tonally, It must have an insane amount of growl to it
Also, this will be used almost exclusively for metal, so keep that in mind in terms of looks

Edit: I forgot to mention, the thinner the neck is, the better. I know someone will say Ibanez, but the only 35" basses they make are the BTB's which I find very ugly and a little too ornate. I wish they made 35" soundgears, because if they did, I wouldn't even be posting this. I'd probably just get one
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Last edited by kugelspot at Oct 4, 2008,
Waaaaaarwick
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
^ no. as far as I know, none come in 35" scale. also, almost all of them are very heavy, and they're a little too expensive

Quote by HighPotency
Well, buying a 5 string for 1 song isn't exactly great logic either. What exactly is your budget though?

It's not just one song. That's just what got me thinking. as for budget, as low as possible, probably anywhere between $700-1800
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Well for your max price the 1800 im guessing you could pick up something really nice, You could probably find a spector rehop 5 for that much or cheaper. A fender deluxe jazz bass would also be a nice choice. But really if you spending over a grand on anything go out and play all the bass's you can it's got to be something you really like for that much, like really like.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I agree with the Spector recommendation. Insane amounts of growl, fairly cheap, active electronics, 35 inch scale, thin neck, and fairly light.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding