My GNX3 just died on me. The power supply has been broken for a long time, and I have been fiddling with it, and just fried the thing. Stupid, I know, but now I get to go buy something completely new (Good: new amp Bad: paying for new amp). I know that the GNX3 is a pedal, but I've been running it through an amp that just doesn't cut it with me without my GNX.

Now, I have a budget of about $500 Canadian. I am looking for a fairly versatile amp, but the cleans don't have to be perfect. Some specific tones I am looking for are: Rush, think fly by night; Opeth, Bleak would be exactly what I'm looking for for heavy distortion; Petrucci's tone in the song Jaws of Life would be excellent aswell. Clean wise it doesn't have to be 'the perfect Fender clean' but I would like something that I could get by without buzzing.

I would prefer a tube amp, and getting over a drummer is an asset, just not necessary as this will also be my practice amp. Any amp/pedal combinations would be good too, just as long as it will cost less than $500 Canadian when it's all said and done. A headphone jack would be nice too, but not something that would sway my decision between any amps.

Thanks alot,
Steve
I think you could get a replacement power supply for much cheaper than an amp... just saying
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
well, not alot you can get for under $500.
I would tell you to look on ebay for a Marshall JTM30 or JTM60
Very affordable, great sound at all volumes, gain channel sounds great and the clean channel is one of the best you can find (IMO)

And, this is an all tube combo

My gear:
Gibson LP Standard SE
Marshall JTM30
Randall RG75 G3
Digitech RP500
Quote by druz15_UG
I think you could get a replacement power supply for much cheaper than an amp... just saying

I actually have a friend that has a GNX2, which uses the same power supply, and had him bring it over. We plugged it in, tried turning it on and nothing happened.

- Steve
Oh so the units fucked
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12