Hai - so... before i go on, i'd like to point out that i'm not asking for suggestions on what i should buy. This isn't really a matter of trying to improve my rig either, its more a matter of satisfying my GAS and having a fair wad of cash and nothing better to do with it

Yesterday i checked in my bank account and indeed my EMA (education maintenance allowance, or as i call it, free cash) has started coming into my account again, which means more GAS to feed. Currently i have £210.

A local shop has offered to sell me a rocktronic 30 watt tube amp (i think its based on a tweed fender amp, so american voiced) for £150, and this offer will probably last a long time because they are just trying to sell off the amps, because for some reason, all the stupid customers they get rush in and buy the amps with all the pretty lights and cool features (spider III, for example...) and don't much care for an entirely functional designed, good sounding amp from a brand nobody has heard of.

However i already have a perfectly good amp so as nice as the amp sounds, and how different it sounds to my VC30, its not entirely necessary.

So i'm also wondering if i should get a Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic instead. Its a nice short scale which is necessary for me and my weedy little fingers, and i like that body shape (this should satisfy my GAS for a mustang, at least, and wouldn't piss me off as much as the mustang control layout does!). I think it might be more beneficial to get this, but i'm not entirely sure.

Which of these would you suggest?

But don't post if you're just gonna bash squier or anything, because i couldn't care less what you think of squier, i like them.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
SQUIRE SUCKS DUDE!!!!!!

Haha nah... I'm just messin' with you lmao

Its always handy to have another guitar lying around for the purpose of alternate tunings... or if you just feel more comfortable playing a certain genre on it.

But the second amp could possibly open up a whole new world of tonal possibilities for you.

In my opinion, if you are happy with the way your current amp sounds, then get the guitar - thats what I would do if I were in your shoes.
ya man if you like your amp then a new guitar is the way to go
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
If you have more than 5 guit fiddles, get an amp.
*Checks bank account for EMA*
Get the amp anyway
Last edited by Horlicks at Oct 4, 2008,
the difficulty with the squier is nowhere here seems to even be aware of the classic vibe models, so i can't really try before i buy, so i'm kinda worried about the quality control, because i know squier can be very loose sometimes, although i doubt they would be for the time being while they are getting these new guitars out there. So while i feel like i'm in more need of a short scale guitar, its likely i'll just get the amp for now (and maybe an EHX double muff, too, lol), and wait until one of my local shops decides to stock the classic vibes.

horlicks, your sig says cheap tube amps are garbage, yet you're recommending the cheap tube amp well, its priced at £250 rrp, they are selling it for £200, but they said i could have it for £150.

edit: if i decide to get the amp i will probably be getting it today, if i'm able to get a lift out to the shop - i don't really wanna carry it home through the streets hehe.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Oct 4, 2008,