Right as many of you know I am on the search for a new amp and have been finding it hard to describe the metal sound I want, well basically for metal rhythm I would like a crowbar/corrosion of conformity type sound. This type of sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJF547Mv62A but possibly with more low end. But the amp also needs to have decent fendery style cleans for funk and whatnot, as well as a great girtty SRV blues texas flood sound, a good classic rock (think zep tone), and good hard rock tone like sabbath etc, as well as as the metal sound listed above along with smooth eric johnson cliffs of dover type violin type sounds/ garry moore still got the blues type sounds. So any ideas for an amp...?
Amps that have been suggested are.... laney vc50 (combo of vh100r), modellers, carvin v3, mesa dc5/dc3/caliber 50. So any ideas?
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by Varkunus
Right as many of you know I am on the search for a new amp and have been finding it hard to describe the metal sound I want, well basically for metal rhythm I would like a crowbar/corrosion of conformity type sound. This type of sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJF547Mv62A but possibly with more low end. But the amp also needs to have decent fendery style cleans for funk and whatnot, as well as a great girtty SRV blues texas flood sound, a good classic rock (think zep tone), and good hard rock tone like sabbath etc, as well as as the metal sound listed above along with smooth eric johnson cliffs of dover type violin type sounds/ garry moore still got the blues type sounds. So any ideas for an amp...?
Amps that have been suggested are.... laney vc50 (combo of vh100r), modellers, carvin v3, mesa dc5/dc3/caliber 50. So any ideas?

i think you've just listed every type of tone on the planet, good luck with that
No he's not. He's started a million threads like this one.

You might as well save up and buy 5 amps in priority of what you want most.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
dude, your not gonna get all that in one amp. Well you could but it probably won't be exactly what your looking for anyway so just go down to your local guitar shops and just jam out on the contendors. What comes closes to what your looking for, get it, then get a pedal for what your missing out on.

I think thats gonna be the only way you could get all those styles man.
Hang on a second, first you say you can't go over £300, now you're looking at Mesas and Carvin V3s?
Quote by Horlicks
Hang on a second, first you say you can't go over £300, now you're looking at Mesas and Carvin V3s?

Welcome to the internet.
no if its going to be waisted money then something to save for long term although i would prefer not to as no jobs here (and yes ive check maccy Ds). What about ashdown fallen angel? marshall/mesa hybrid?
You need to realise that you're not going to get an amp that can do all of that, especially a cheap one. Firgure out what kind of tone you want most, and get something that can do that.

And just try some out as well.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Diezel Herbert or VH4

Yeah, I've seen them go for £300 all the time
Quote by Horlicks

Troll...

Or just incredibly stupid...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Dude, you really need to do some more research and establish clearly exactly what you want.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Buy a valveking and change the speaker to a vintage 30, put tungsols in the preamp and JJS in the poweramp, and buy a bad monkey. You cannot go wrong with that combination, my friend.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Buy a valveking and change the speaker to a vintage 30, put tungsols in the preamp and JJS in the poweramp, and buy a bad monkey. You cannot go wrong with that combination, my friend.

Genius. Tell me why no one has ever thought of this before?
If you wanted tr00 br00talz, you could buy a 4x12 and combine two G12T-75s with two Vintage 30s
Quote by Horlicks
Genius. Tell me why no one has ever thought of this before?
If you wanted tr00 br00talz, you could buy a 4x12 and combine two G12T-75s with two Vintage 30s

Now we're talking.

God, VKs are so damn br00tal.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Don't be silly, you never need anything bigger than a 2x12.

No son, I'm talking about 'tr00 br00talz'. Like Alexi Laiho tr00 br00talz.
anyway i tried the ashdown fallen angel out at my local music college and I really like the classic rock sound. Whats the general concensious on the amp? I assume it would go pretty heavy with a OD/boost? It seems pretty darn nice, can get that dry classic rock tone, or pretty saturated liquidy leads. So anyway oppinions on that amp would be welcome...!
you're gonna struggle to get that on a low budget, unfortunately...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well i decided im gona go for the ashdown fallen angel unfortunately they dont sell them anymore and most of the second hand ones are heads no 212 combos! I even heard the hayden peacemaker 60w combo isnt the same. I really am stuck now, I will do anything for one, I really love their sound!! So any ideas...