Hey!

ok, well I'm looking to upgrade my current amp. I'm into punk-rock music all the way to the lighter pop-punk. I was looking at the Marshall - Mg100dfx and also the Mg250dfx. Which i've tried out and liked quite a bit. They have the Marshall valvestate in store but i haven't got around to trying it just yet, i also have played on the Fender Frontman which was alright but i don't think for me and also a few Ibanez's which were good but i couldn't find the tone i was looking for. My budget is about $900NZ so about $600US and about $335pounds.

Should i go for the marshall or something different?

Thanks!
Last edited by Tster at Oct 4, 2008,
the MG series is hated around here, and it's not good anyways so forget that.

I think you mean the PEAVEY valve king.

the fender frontman is good for cleans, the distortion sucks and putting pedals in front of it doesn't help.

are you going to be gigging?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
a have a Mg100dfx and i hate it so much. i can't wait till i have enough money for new amp. trust me, steer clear of them.
i think we should have a big pop up when UG loads up saying dont buy an mg, then every 5 mins have a pupup flashing on screen saying mgs are shite
Quote by l3p4rd

Maybe i am! but theres something like that down in the shop. Yeah, i'll be doing some small shows and stuff.
So whats actually that bad about the MG series? Any ideas then?
Quote by l3p4rd

Either that or Marshall Valvestate, which is much better than the MG.
Quote by Horlicks
Either that or Marshall Valvestate, which is much better than the MG.

sorry, i meant the valvestate. I'm blamming cause i'm tired. The valvestae is alot more expensive but its not like you but an amp all the time. Would it suit my genres?
Quote by Tster
sorry, i meant the valvestate. I'm blamming cause i'm tired. The valvestae is alot more expensive but its not like you but an amp all the time. Would it suit my genres?

I know a load of people are going to disagree with me, but I think the AVT would work very well for pop punk/punk.
Quote by Tster
Avt?

Sorry, I sometimes get mixed up between the two, the newer valvestates are known as AVTs, although the valvestates are generally considered to be better than the AVTs. Try it out.
thanks man, i will. I'm going to go check some out tomorrow so i'll see what they have