Anyone else not feeling the whole idea? I thought one of the finer points of being a musician was working out tunings yourself; learning how to get to them and learning the sound of them.

Honestly, if Jimmy Page had used a robot guitar I wouldn't enjoy Kashmir and The Rain Song as much.

Anyone else not feeling the RG?
What I am feeling is that I have seen this exact thread before.
There was a hole here.
It's gone now.
its for the lazy ppl IMO
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
and as stated before, not many beginner guitarists will be able to afford a guitar expensive. And as for tuning it yourself, how many guitarists use a electric tuner?

The main purpose of this guitar is for gigs, to stop you spending lots of time trying to tune your guitar in several different tunings in one set. I personally think it's a fantastic idea
That's what she said
Quote by Vampire 255
its for the lazy ppl IMO

No, it's for guitarists that use different tunnings throughout their sets. It makes going from one tunning to another easier and faster.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by nicodimus
and as stated before, not many beginner guitarists will be able to afford a guitar expensive. And as for tuning it yourself, how many guitarists use a electric tuner?

The main purpose of this guitar is for gigs, to stop you spending lots of time trying to tune your guitar in several different tunings in one set. I personally think it's a fantastic idea

this. and stop making these thread about the same subject.
Quote by thanksgiving
You facepalm like a pro... man I want you in bed.
True, but, one of the things with playing a live stage, i'd rather see a guitarist use an electric tuner so it sounds good rather than him tuning it by ear in a noisy gig, slightly out.
Do you use an electric tuner? If you use one of them, you'd be technically as 'bad' as using the Robot guitar.

Anyways, it's not like a beginner is gonna get one, or most people as a matter of fact. It would just be a hell of a lot more convient than lugging around 6 or 7 guitars to a gig, all for different tunings. I mean, if I was a pro who needed a lot of different tunings for a gig, I'd use one. And why don't people slag of the VG Strats, they've got the different tuning thing too!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Sorry if this has been done before; I'm not a frequent visitor of this forum. If it would, at all, make your life any easier, please close this.
you can delete it yourself if you want....and I personaly think it's a geat idea, very convient. Not convient enough for me to shell out all the cash for one, but it's still a great idea.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
yeah its a good idea but if yòu change tunings that often....the neck is gonna get warped sumthing serious.....better having two guitars....which you could easily afford for the price of the robot guitar
Quote by TheGallowsPole
Anyone else not feeling the whole idea? I thought one of the finer points of being a musician was working out tunings yourself; learning how to get to them and learning the sound of them.

Honestly, if Jimmy Page had used a robot guitar I wouldn't enjoy Kashmir and The Rain Song as much.

Anyone else not feeling the RG?

thats exactly what i thought, you know how most humans used to know ow to hunt and prepare food, then we learned a better way to get food, now only a few know how to hunt, the same will be for guitar if this robot guitar thing catches on...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Why do they have to make everything so high tech? Eventually we wont be able to do anything for ourselves because we'll have a machine to do it.....screw the robot guitar!
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
Quote by SG RocKeR4485
Why do they have to make everything so high tech? Eventually we wont be able to do anything for ourselves because we'll have a machine to do it.....screw the robot guitar!

I know right? And whats with looms? Screw that. We should break into a factory at night and smash up bunches of looms. Reject modern technology! Become a Luddite today!

</sarcasm>

Seriously. Things change, people get smarter, they make stuff to make lives easier. I'll go back to playing my guitar that makes sound using natural ( ) acoustics, but otherwise, get over it.
But if things get made too easier, people are going to start looking at guitar players like its easy and nothing special. It's like, the stereotype that bass players fall into now because of punk bands and pop bands. Remember John Paul Jones? Victor Wooten? Geddy Lee?

Maybe some things *shouldn't* be made any easier.
Quote by TheGallowsPole
But if things get made too easier, people are going to start looking at guitar players like its easy and nothing special. It's like, the stereotype that bass players fall into now because of punk bands and pop bands. Remember John Paul Jones? Victor Wooten? Geddy Lee?

Maybe some things *shouldn't* be made any easier.

Yeah, but for the love of god, it's tuning. This isn't exactly a slippery slope here. I think the robot guitar is a bit of a stupid idea as well, but if it's the magnum opus of this decade, let it be. Something is going to overtake it in 2010+, maybe we'll get Floyd Roses we don't have to muck around with to get perfect, or self lubricating fingerboards. It's all fluff. There are still people out there training themselves how to play with just an electric tuner, a couple of screwdrivers and a metronome. Not everything is going to change overnight (unless I have a hand in it). And not to mention there's the common sense factor. If you take away the challenge of an instrument, you remove the perseverance and dedication required to be awesome. No one wants to go to those lengths.

And on the subject of bassists: If they stop living the stereotype, things will be better. I'm not saying pull a Steve Harris, but take a little direction. You're the bow around the present. You can be made of cord and smell like piss, or you can be red embroidered with gold doilies and a big scarlet A for what you bring to the band (Hint, you can make it pure sex).

Fake Edit: Man, I jump topics too much :\