Hi,
I recently puchased a seymour duncan blackout.Just I technical question about installing the pick up, before I start soldering and stripping wires.
On the instructions/wiring diagrams it says that the pickup should have a three core wire coming from the pickup as well as the quick pin connector. My pickup doesnt have that three core wire.
I presume this has been a design change? and they have yet to change the instructions? (most of the pictures of the pickup on the web have the 3 core wire pictured).
They have included a quick connect pin with attached wire, however it only has a red and black wire coming from it. The white terminates under some heat shrink just after the pin. The wiring diagrams show a bare, white and a red. But I only have a red and a black coming from the connector.
So just wanted some advice on how to proceed with the wiring?
I could hook it up like EMG wiring diagrams, so the black would be the hot and the red would go to the battery, but the instructions dont tell me to do this, I presume it will work? but dont want to start stripping wires and soldering stuff until I am sure how to proceed. And most importantly wanted to check I have been sent all the right accessories to install the pickup, and that the pickup I have been sent is not missing the 3 core wire (i.e is this a mistake on the pickup I have been sent)
Any advice would be great.
Thanks
Steve.
Don't know. Not familiar with them. Which one do you have exactly? Diagrams on dunan's web site should be up to date.

On mine at least, don't actives, you have to strip off the sheath to expose all the wires. Mine has 4 but it looks like one when you buy it. Maybe someone else can help so bump for ya. The clip is for battery no?