Page 1 of 2
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Jesus isn't real.

Neither is your FACE
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
i think this would be closer to an obama attack than for mccain....
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by faint_spirit
i think this would be closer to an obama attack than for mccain....

It starts with an actual attack that McCain made on Obama and continues with attacking policies that McCain has attacked Obama for (redistribution of wealth etc)
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t

It starts with an actual attack that McCain made on Obama and continues with attacking policies that McCain has attacked Obama for (redistribution of wealth etc)

whoops, didn't catch the very end until just now. that explains it.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
jesus R imaginary
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
I, as a devout Christian, find this slur on Jesus and the general consensus towards Him in this thread as highly offensive. He is our Lord and Savior, and He should not be talked about in this derogatory manner.
I urge all of you to pick up a bible and familiarise yourself with His teachings. May God bless you.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
I, as a devout Christian, find this slur on Jesus and the general consensus towards Him in this thread as highly offensive. He is our Lord and Savior, and He should not be talked about in this derogatory manner.
I urge all of you to pick up a bible and familiarise yourself with His teachings. May God bless you.

-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by dann_blood

Find me solid proof of Jesus' existence.
And by solid proof, I mean it must be in .jpg or .mpg format.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by dann_blood

I hope your joking lion-food!
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Um atheists and hxc church goers stfu
just say how you thought it was funny
agh
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

The Bible is solid proof of Jesus' existing. But, if we take the Bible out of the equation, we must go by history.
In that case, and you can ask any good historian to confirm this, there is evidence that a man named Jesus existed during the time period the Bible predicts offering his teachings.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
The Bible is solid proof of Jesus' existing. But, if we take the Bible out of the equation, we must go by history.
In that case, and you can ask any good historian to confirm this, there is evidence that a man named Jesus existed during the time period the Bible predicts offering his teachings.

I thought as much. No .jpgs or .mpgs = no Jesus.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

I find your lack of faith... Disturbing.
Quote by Vornik
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Do you REALLY think anyone had a camera back then?

No, i didn't think so

Oh, and lol at the Vader referance
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Oh please don't start this. Let him believe what he wants to believe.
and the other guy should keep quiet too, don't let this turn into a religious debate.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King

It's .jpg by the way.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by dann_blood

I'm a good historian and there actually isn't really. The only reliable source is Taticus and he only mentions a character named "Christus" in passing when describing something else.
Josephus is not reliable.
There are no contemporary accounts though.

Anyway, you've missed the point. The point isn't that Jesus exists or not. The point is that if he did and he ran for President against McCain then McCain wouldn't support his policies. (assuming Jesus's policies are the same as outlined in the Bible)
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by dann_blood

This.

I've been raised Christian, been spiritually healed, and healed others, so I have reason to believe. But I do have to say, that was one of the funniest political statements I have ever seen.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by titsmcgee852

It's .jpg by the way.

Ah, consider me converted. Thanks Titsmcgee!
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I'm a good historian and there actually isn't really. The only reliable source is Taticus and he only mentions a character named "Christus" in passing when describing something else.
Josephus is not reliable.
There are no contemporary accounts though.

Anyway, you've missed the point. The point isn't that Jesus exists or not. The point is that if he did and he ran for President against McCain then McCain wouldn't support his policies. (assuming Jesus's policies are the same as outlined in the Bible)

I doubt you are a qualified historian.
And you have missed my point. My point is this type of attack is offensive and uncalled for.
Quote by Vornik
oh yea, and at no point whatsoever does Jesus ever say that he is the son of god. (look it up if you don't believe me).

He calls himself the son of man, i'm also the son of a man. Son of man i think is just saying that he's a product of society.

I don't need the fear of a negative afterlife to treat people well and with respect. I do it cos its right. Its pretty primitive to need that kind of motivation i think.

And apart from all that. Come on!

Also have a look at your book and try to figure out what the kingdom of heaven is (apart from a crap film with orlando bloom). Its a state of being man, kind of like Nirvana. Its being happy and being fulfilled by generally being a good person and improving the world by helping other people. Its not a place in the clouds where everyone wears white dresses and has wings.
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by dann_blood
And you have missed my point. My point is this type of attack is offensive and uncalled for.

and why is it offensive? The ad wasn't attacking jesus, it was attacking the policies of John McCain. So unless you're in some weird cult where all the followers worship McCain, then you shouldn't be offended.
Learn to take a joke. Seems like Jesus can't even be mentioned anywhere without someone making a big deal out of it.
Quote by dann_blood

It's offensive only if you don't understand it.

It's meant to be an attack on John McCain. Republicans are generally considered to be "good, upstanding Christian men and women," whereas this video shows that, if Jesus were to be alive today, and running against him, using only the policies outlined in the Gospels, McCain would disagree with him.

It has nothing offensive about it. No more than any attack you see on television or the internet.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by blackflag49
Am I really the only one to detect dann_blood's sarcasm?

yeesh.

I thought he was being sarcastic at first, but the follow-up replies made it seem less likely.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by blackflag49
Am I really the only one to detect dann_blood's sarcasm?

yeesh.

Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!
Quote by Vornik
Quote by dann_blood
Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner!

You're trying to say it wasn't insanely obvious to everyone else? Damn some people are stupid.
Page 1 of 2