Has anyone else heard it? i found it and listened from start to end and am not that impressed. It's got nothing on The Sufferer & the Witness but maybe, with time, the tracks will grow on me. What you guys think?
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Pretty awesome album to be honest. I really like it. But yeah, TSAYW is better.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Here's what I said about it in the punk forum
Quote by element4433
Sometimes musical progression is a good thing, but in Rise Against's case it's turned them into a modern rock band along the lines of Three Days Grace. In Rise Against's case, I want to hear the same album 50 times. I want to feel the same way I did when I was 15 and Broken English came up on an internet radio station. I want Tim's voice to be rough, not the slick voice that he seems to have developed. The worst thing a singer can do is get vocal training unless they are already a horrible singer.

The new song had about three good songs on it.

And it's not out yet. It is streaming on myspace.
This band used to mean the world to me, and it makes me sick to my stomach to see what they've become.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I've still gotta hear the new album.
But Rise Against are one of my favorite bands. I hope its not a big let down and they went back to their more "raw" hardcore punk sound...
Revolutions Per Minute is likely to be the best thing they'll ever do. I want them to prove me wrong.

Heard the new song, it sounded terrible. Will undoubtedly give this new album a listen but I don't think they're my kind of band anymore.
Quote by af_the_fragile
I've still gotta hear the new album.
But Rise Against are one of my favorite bands. I hope its not a big let down and they went back to their more "raw" hardcore punk sound...
They didn't.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Which forum does Rise Against belong in

I haven't heard this new one yet.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Which forum does Rise Against belong in

I haven't heard this new one yet.

i think i chose the correct one, pop punk
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
you can hear some of "Appeal To Reason" on their myspace. So far, I think it's not as good. I expected something different. I mean, it's not bad, but TSATW and SSCC were the best.
Quote by Bair
i think i chose the correct one, pop punk

There's a huge Rise Against thread in the Punk forum.
They're melodic hardcore.
Nowhere close to Pop Punk.
I dunno I consider the last one a pop-punk record in it's truest sense, albeit with other influences obviously. It doesn't sound like 99% of what passes for pop-punk these days but think about it: it's melodic and it's pretty accessible, plus the lyrics do still touch on social and political issues (however contrived some may think of that as being).
I think so of you people that post stuff on here need to go and read the lyrics to the songs on this album, but not just read them. Think about them, and realize how they relate to the country we're living in, and all the terrible changes that have been made. Just because Tim has a smoother voice or the guitar progressions and chords used aren't as hardcore as they used to be doesn't mean this band has changed. If anything, they've become a better band. They know what's going on in the world around us and that's what they write and sing about. But what do I know right?
Post in the other thread in the punk forum, or wherever it is these days.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?