Yesturday i got in a skating accident an i broke my fingering hand and now is going to be 2weeks before i play bass again... sorry but i just needed to rant about this somewhere =\
ooooo harsh
legato shapes for two weeks for u mate, tough break
I am so tired of rhetorical questions. Or am I?
stop sk8ing????
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
work on your theory and right hand technique. Maybe try to learn three finger plucking with your right hand?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
work on your theory and right hand technique. Maybe try to learn three finger plucking with your right hand?

x

IMHO, pacticing plucking is a two handed thing, not one handed. You may be able to play open notes, but you have to learn plucking in conjunction with the fretting hand. No use being able to play 16ths at 4 billion bpm if you can't fret at the same speed.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
IMHO, pacticing plucking is a two handed thing, not one handed. You may be able to play open notes, but you have to learn plucking in conjunction with the fretting hand. No use being able to play 16ths at 4 billion bpm if you can't fret at the same speed.

Well in my experiance a lot of people seem to concentrate their energy on improving their fretting hand, often leaving their plucking hand less developed. What i meant was work on playing notes cleanly and with equal velocity to get a better sound.

You are right about the plucking hand speed though.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman

x

i can do three finger plucking on open notes, but find it nearly impossible to get co-ordination with my left.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Work on your rhythm and learn some basic drum theory, which you can tap out with one hand. Borrow some CDs from someone with completely different taste than yours and listen to how bass is used in that genre. Grab some instructional DVDs and watch them.

And listen to your doctor/medical professional. If they say no playing for 2 weeks, that means no playing for two weeks. You don't want to mess your hand up long term, it needs to heal properly.
Practice right handed melodies, learn to tap with your right hand pinky.
use your penis?

seriously though that sucks. find new music, watch istructional videos. basicly what anarkee said.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Make sure you absentmindedly pluck your bass whilst watching TV or something as to not lose those callouses. That's one of my least favorite parts of not being able to play bass for awhile.

Man.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
tie a guitar slide to your wrist.

or, you can practice drumming, slap, tapping with your right hand, maybe even some stage moves.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom

I couldn't reach below the 10th fret, and had to everything play the 1st and 2nd frets overhand.I think it's a lack of effort in your case.

But serious learn some theory. Like the hummanity said, beat on some drums. Just listen to some music with some cool bass in it.

The real key is to come back fresh, and inspired. And rememeber the first few days will not be the same. Don't be discouraged.
Quote by Captain Insano

I couldn't reach below the 10th fret, and had to everything play the 1st and 2nd frets overhand.I think it's a lack of effort in your case.

Umm just wondering, what the hell are you talking about...?
^^^^^^^^
He appears to be wearing a cast in the pic (left arm, green and black checkered thing) which would lead me too assume that he recently broke his wrist/arm and is trying to offer up his experiences to aide as advice for your current situation. Although I believe (due to the smily) that the "lack of effort" bit is a joke.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by sbikram
sorry to hear that....
read theory for two weeks...

This is the first thing i thought of when i read your post.
Also, play piano or something. Practicing music is practicing music.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.