so yeah i know what all to do but im wondering if this has happened to any one else once let alone twice?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I think you'll find quite a few people have had this problem, but I believe microsoft have improved the console a lot from the original design, so there should be less problems.

(I own a ps3, so no, not being an xbot)

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

call 1800-4MYXBOX. theyll tell you what to do, basically you send it in a box back to them and theyll fix it for free even if its the second time. i just had it done. they also got my Disc tray to work better.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Gaming Thread, man.

I've had the RROD before, though, so I can empathise.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Oct 4, 2008,
Happened to my buddy five times man, you have no idea how pissed one guy can get.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Before you call Microsoft's customer support, check with the store you bought it from. I still had mine under warranty and Best Buy has a plan that if your 360 gets the RROD, you can just take it back to the store and get a new one right there.
wtf is the rrod and what causes it? Just curious, but I would much rather have an xbox than my POS wii
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Fuzzbox91
call 1800-4MYXBOX. theyll tell you what to do, basically you send it in a box back to them and theyll fix it for free even if its the second time. i just had it done. they also got my Disc tray to work better.

yeah i think thats what we did last time

FYI i didn't put it in the gamimg thread cause 1 this is a different and 2 cause it would go unnoticed
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by __Ronnie__
Before you call Microsoft's customer support, check with the store you bought it from. I still had mine under warranty and Best Buy has a plan that if your 360 gets the RROD, you can just take it back to the store and get a new one right there.

dude sweet i got it from best buy so i'll go see if its still under their warrenty but i bought it like 2 years ago so.....
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
rrod - Red Ring of Death

This has happened to me 4 different times, it sucks. Just make sure to keep updating your warranty and you'll be fine.
Did you send it in the first time? If not, then that's probably the reason.

The 'towel' method is only temporary.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Chances are if your xbox is that old it may not help you anymore. and most places where you buy a 360 now won't let you do a warranty plan via your retailer anymore.

Microsoft has put the lock on people doin that now cuz they want all the broken consoles sent back to them to fix.

But you'r still covered guaranteed till next month for any RROD problems, when the very first run of xboxes finally runs out of warranty on it. Just call microsoft at the number thats been posted 3 or 4 times now, and say "Hey, RROD, send me a new console, I DEMAND IT!"

if you yell at em a bunch, they'll hook ya up good. They sent me a brand new box. Quite literally. I actually got a whole new retail sku. I sent back just the console and brick, I got a new xbox, harddrive,c ontroller, basically what youd pick up instore. pretty sweet IMO.
I think Microsoft will fix it for free how ever many times you need them too. Just as long as you don't break the little silver Microsoft logo under the faceplate. I got bored and began fiddling with my broken 360 and managed to cut the sticker in half by accident.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
mine got it long time ago, i jsut sent it in and they sent me back a completely new one within a week or two that has had no problems whatsoever. call 4myxbox and send it away.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
i had this problem just yesterday, it turns out the power supply thing was a bit dodgy so just make sure thats connected
Sig space available, give me some praise
Happens to about 10,000 people a week, my friend. You're not alone. That's why I own a PS3 (most of the great games are shared in common between PS3 and 360 and I don't miss Gears or Halo at all).
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Just get a PS3 man, the 360 has the highest failure rate of all the consoles that have ever been out.
Quote by sandman-105
yeah i think thats what we did last time

FYI i didn't put it in the gamimg thread cause 1 this is a different and 2 cause it would go unnoticed

i agree, all they talk about in the gaming thread is Final Fantasy and Halo, both of which i hate.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by CoreyM.
Just get a PS3 man, the 360 has the highest failure rate of all the consoles that have ever been out.

This post is truth.

360 failure rate is around 33%
PS3 failure rate is 0.2%
Don't know the Wii
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I've had my 360 for almost 3 years now...never had any problems with it. A friend of mine got the red ring of death though a few months ago
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
The 360 failure rate is allegedly like... 66 somethin percent total. I was readin somewhere if you factor in all the consoles scrapped off the production line and what have you.

And man, if you could translate the awesomeness that is xbox live (that is to say, an amazingly well done online gaming service, with hosted servers, and one unified login system)

onto the ps3, I'd buy one in an instant.

but until sony gets there online act together, I'll stick with my 360. I got one of the models ith the new boards in it (halo one, since it was all i could find at the time), and it hasn't had a problem. The one I had before it has broken twice, but it was an original one. one of the firsts off the line or whatever.

All else fails, get ya a new xbox.
Quote by heavenbesideyou
wtf is the rrod and what causes it? Just curious, but I would much rather have an xbox than my POS wii

It's when you get red lights around the power button. It can be caused by a broken soldering on the motherboard from overheating.

Mine has been having disk read errors and disk tray problems for a while, and it just barely died.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
I have bad luck with electronics, too.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
rofl, my friend went through 4 Xbox's before he finally bought a PS3...Sony is the way my brother.
I'm an "08er". You Mad?
Quote by Travie88
rofl, my friend went through 4 Xbox's before he finally bought a PS3...Sony is the way my brother.

Meh, the game line-up sucks. The only one that looks good is Killzone and LittleBigPlanet.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Yeah, it's happened to me twice. And more recently, it won't spin the discs I put in (I'm sure it's a faulty motor), but I've heard the new systems are more reliable.
If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
my xbox is good so it hasnt got it.. and that is gloating, somehow..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

it's happened to me twice but i still have a unfathomed love for 360s
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Man i REALLY want to get an xbox360.. (fable 2, Katamari, Tales of vesperia, unlimited undiscovery, etc etc)

but the constant red ring puts me off on the whole console..

i've heard they revised the board again just last October tho. is it reliable??
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
yeah i just unplugged it completely and left it like that for like 5 hours and plugged it back in and it was perfect and played it for like 4 hours but an thanks for all the responses
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Mine red ringed two weeks ago tomorrow for the second time. It's currently in being "serviced" in Toronto =\

Life sucks without Xbox.
Last edited by Covet at Oct 4, 2008,
Quote by iSlash
Did you send it in the first time? If not, then that's probably the reason.

The 'towel' method is only temporary.

lol... my friend used the towel method over a year ago. he's playing halo 3 right now. no problems yet.
Microshaft i ****ing hate them, they had the audacity to charge me for the shitty motherboard and hard drive which was at fault because of their bad design and build not my misuse. I got it chipped since then so ive recouped some funds.
send it to any Microsoft place or W/e. they'll fix it in 2 weeks + for some money.