http://www.avast.com/

Okay, i've been looking into a new Antivirus, and i've seen good recommendations for Avast!. but someone said get the Home/Pro Edition... but that was in an older thread. Now they've got this v4.8... and i'm just wondering which one to get.

I'm guessing they're the same thing, just v4.8 is better, but i really don't know about this stuff, and want to get the best...

Thanks!
O O

___
Get a proper antivirus program, pay for it. You can't afford to take risks when it comes to anti-virus, Avast! is good for a free program but it's terrible comparedto one you'd pay for.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
anyone else?

I don't like bumping my threads, but this is more serious... And i kind of need to know...
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
anyone else?

I don't like bumping my threads, but this is more serious... And i kind of need to know...

Have a look at AVG.

Personally I'd recommend downloading that and Sophus.

The free ones are just as good, if not better in some cases, than the paid ones.

AVG is easily as good as McAfee.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Avast + Super Anti Spyware + Threatfire.
They're all excellent pieces of software.

EDIT: A year ago I'd have agreed with AVG, but the newest edition is crap, it tries to take over your computer. Avoid it like the plague!
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Avast beats the hell oout of norton. i say wit with experiene in my back
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
I prefer AVG Free.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I use Antivir from Avira. I have never had a problem with it. Home eddition is free, Have a look at that one too
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
I've used Avast!, and its a decent antivirus, but why not try Kaspersky? IMO, its one of the best av programs out there.
For real.