I've got sandpaper and everything, but it just takes too damn long by hand..

Does anybody know anything that might be at my house that would make it a little easier?
Check out my music, if you please.
heat gun
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Not sure where in the world you are. If you're in the UK, Maplin (like Radioshack), do one for £13, not orbital though.

Or Clicky

OTTAR: Is that a McLaren F1 in your Avatar?

I drove one of those at Donington Park in the UK about 10 years ago, a friend of mines friend had one.

They just don't make cars like that any more, very few at most.
Last edited by Skeet UK at Oct 4, 2008,
Quote by Skeet UK
Not sure where in the world you are. If you're in the UK, Maplin (like Radioshack), do one for £13, not orbital though.

Or Clicky

OTTAR: Is that a McLaren F1 in your Avatar?

I drove one of those at Donington Park in the UK about 10 years ago, a friend of mines friend had one.

They just don't make cars like that any more, very few at most.

Yes sir it is. For me to speak to someone who has even driven one is an amazing pleasure. If I could own any vehicle in the world, it would be that. Or a BMW M3 GTR (Yeah, I know its not that good, and yeah, I know its a quarter of a million dollars, blah-blah whatever I like it ).

Anyway, yeah when I was about 5, the game Need For Speed 2 had just come out. So I got it, and I played it. I was driving a midnight blue McLaren F1. From that moment in '98, I fell in love with the car. I still have a model of it in my room rofl!

So yes, it is. And your right, they don't make cars like it anymore. Honestly I don't think they can. Man you are so lucky to have driven one!

EDIT: uh, sorry to jack your thread.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Gasoline, or Varsol. gas a good paint stripper, but I probably wouldent use it on a guitar
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Paint thinner?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
Heat gun as said before... and why not paint stripper (if you're stripping a Poly-covered body, you're gonna need the really heavy duty stuff)?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
aerosol can + lighter
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
my dad left our wheelbarrow full of old grape skins, and thanks to the enzymes and stuff that make tasty alcohol, it turned it acidic and screwed up the wheelbarrows paint a nice bit :S

....probably not a good idea to do this on a guitar
Quote by seljer
my dad left our wheelbarrow full of old grape skins, and thanks to the enzymes and stuff that make tasty alcohol, it turned it acidic and screwed up the wheelbarrows paint a nice bit :S

....probably not a good idea to do this on a guitar

You skin your grapes?
What exactly is a heat gun?

And could you just take the body and hold it in a fire for a few seconds, see how much melts off, repeat until it's gone?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by guitar/bass76
You skin your grapes?

pick the grapes -> crush the grapes -> let them sit around in a huge bucket for a day or so -> filter out the first part of the liquid -> press the remaining berries to get as much liquid as possible out -> leave it in huge bottles for a couple of months -> enjoy your booze

you're left with a bunch of squeezed berries and stems

Quote by BD 425

a more badass version of a hair dryer
pepsi can strip the paint right off a car, dont see why this wouldnt work for a guitar.

however, any "household" item will damage the guitar to some extent. heat gun or orbital sander ftw.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by BD 425

And could you just take the body and hold it in a fire for a few seconds, see how much melts off, repeat until it's gone?

A heat gun / Hot Air Gun, is like a hair dryer, but much more powerful.

Heat is very different from burning, if you set your guitar alight, you may have some problems, not to mention noxious fumes.

Also, nothing will melt off.

The heat gun, is used for paint stripping amongst other things. You use it to bubble and loosen the finish, then scrape it off.

Keep it moving, or you will burn the body.