I'm afraid I can't tell the future.. He's bloody good though.

But my guess is no. That's not whats popular right now, so he wont become a "ROCKSTAR".
Quote by Untitled001
I'm afraid I can't tell the future.. He's bloody good though.

But my guess is no. That's not whats popular right now, so he wont become a "ROCKSTAR".

yeah, he'll join fall out boy.
haha this kid is epic
IRON MAIDEN
8th Feb 2008, Melbourne, Australia

Quote by SatanicShredder
One time I shat on the floor on janitor appreciation day.

Wasn't even caught.

Certificate in Music Industry 2, 3 & 4
well he is from norway.. anyway.. anyone can become a star...just look at 5 minutes of mtv.. and you will have seen a couple of people who have no music sense or anything... they just got big tits.. and they are "stars"...

Anyway this kid seems to be a simple product of nowadays "pop" culture.. guess we will see a lot of people like this.. he willl probably make about 1 or 2 hits then disapere and noone will ever remember him after 2 weeks..
Quote by Roopelatvalafan
well he is from norway.. anyway.. anyone can become a star...just look at 5 minutes of mtv.. and you will have seen a couple of people who have no music sense or anything... they just got big tits.. and they are "stars"...

Anyway this kid seems to be a simple product of nowadays "pop" culture.. guess we will see a lot of people like this.. he willl probably make about 1 or 2 hits then disapere and noone will ever remember him after 2 weeks..

but he has more talent than the entire Pit GODDAMITTT
Under-bending is what all the kids are doing these days...

Nah, he's brilliant for his age. He shouldn't sing, though.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by russian_shreder

he has technice yes.. but there is nothing new about any of the things he does.. well if he could do something that others has not done a million times.. then he might get the "rockstar" title..
Quote by Roopelatvalafan
he has technice yes.. but there is nothing new about any of the things he does.. well if he could do something that others has not done a million times.. then he might get the "rockstar" title..

like what ? be precise geezzz
He's be a star in...what was it? Holland?

But with an English-speaking/singing voice like that, no.

And with blues like that? Double no.

All you need is a famous hookup, to live in L.A, to be in the emo fad and know three chords.
Then you can shake shake shake shake shake shake it all the way to the bank.
Quote by russian_shreder

No. Now shut up.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by russian_shreder
like what ? be precise geezzz

like write good music.

what's with the huge out of tune bends? I guess taste is something that has to be gained through experience.
No he will not anyone can cover a song it takes a composer to make one that is good and make their own sound
"I'm no professah!"
~Henry Rollins
He's norweigan. Unless he joins a black metal band, no.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
If when he gets older and his voice gets deeper he may prove to be SRV reincarnated.

(although he needs to learn to put more feeling in the playing, he did way to much shredding without feeling; maybe it was just his tone though)
Last edited by ViperScale at Oct 4, 2008,
youtube makes u famous...for a bit. theres a good south park episode on this. how many bands have become legit famous from youtube.

personality/stage presence/marketability comes first, then talent. cuz there are a tonnnn of great musicians out there that will never see the light of day. youtube is a great example of this, a million shredders sitting in their bedroom (i am guitly of this obviously tho or else i wouldnt have thought of that example).

see also the title of video is "12yr old norwegian guitarist" not "John Doe on guitar" people only see him for his age.

edit: that was the description, but still i didnt remember his name, only that he was 12.
Last edited by TSmitty6 at Oct 4, 2008,
Good for age, lame cause he thinks speed is everything, as well as his string bends >.<
Norwegians Gone Extreme!!!

....fap
Quote by steven seagull
Everytime you feel your attention waning go the mirror and say outloud to yourself...
"I am Rockasaurus Sex...I have the most awesome username in existence and I will ROCK!"
Damnit, it seems every one these days plays guitar. And I don't mean to offend any of you, of course, since this is a guitar website, but you know, that's one of the reasons I switched to drums (the other being that I suck at guitar, of course). It's just that this whole thing is kind of overrated, there are thousands guitar players, aged 2-99, but most of them simply follow someone else's lead, if that makes sense. It's just unfathomable that out of millions of guitarists there are so few really good, stylish, original, interesting ones. Those who view the guitar as a tool to convey their emotions (cheesy, I know), rather than a tool to show off. Same with this guy. I mean, it's not even cute, it's not like he's five or something, we don't have to go "Awwwwwwwwwwww how cute, little fella pway guitar". Rant over.

P.S. I LOVE blues, by the way.
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
Damnit, it seems every one these days plays guitar. And I don't mean to offend any of you, of course, since this is a guitar website, but you know, that's one of the reasons I switched to drums (the other being that I suck at guitar, of course). It's just that this whole thing is kind of overrated, there are thousands guitar players, aged 2-99, but most of them simply follow someone else's lead, if that makes sense. It's just unfathomable that out of millions of guitarists there are so few really good, stylish, original, interesting ones. Those who view the guitar as a tool to convey their emotions (cheesy, I know), rather than a tool to show off. Same with this guy. I mean, it's not even cute, it's not like he's five or something, we don't have to go "Awwwwwwwwwwww how cute, little fella pway guitar". Rant over.

P.S. I LOVE blues, by the way.

look at it like football at one point everybody will play it once or twice in there life but only the select few make money doing it.
Quote by Chen-min
Good for age, lame cause he thinks speed is everything, as well as his string bends >.<

Yeah, I think he over did it a bit. Good nonetheless.