Hello

I made this post cos im set to buy a new bass n im torn between a fender jazz and a musicman..

Any recomendations to make my decision a bit easier

Thanks
From what I've heard of the two, I'd go with the Musicman.

My friend has a Sterling and it sounds amazing.
They sound and feel totally different. Play them both (and every other bass in the price range you can try) and then make a decision.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
which jazz and which musicman they both have many models
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Ya actually those are rwo are favouite bass's as well i would kill for a fender american jazz bass and a muciman stingray SH with 3 band eq. Seriuosly though play them both which models are you looking at.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I got my Ibanez SRX because it has humbuckers of a Musicman, and the slim neck of a Jazz
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by jazzbass13
Hello
I made this post cos im set to buy a new bass n im torn between a fender jazz and a musicman..
Thanks

You don't give much info regarding models. all MM basses are active; not all Fender Basses are so which Fenders are you thinking of?
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by jazzbass13
Hello

Thanks

rich bastard...
This is my Signature.
Quote by tucksteel33
rich bastard...

this helps very little.

and if you want to be able to be that rich, go make money.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I had the good fortune of playing a musicman for the first time today! That neck is great and the tone is just so punchy but not growly, which I love!
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Apples and oranges, bud. I'll join in and say 'It's your decision, you should try them out'.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
It really depends what genres you play in and what tone you want, I personally would prefer a musicman but that's just my preference, they both sound totally different, play them both first before you make a choice.
I currently own a Jazz AND a Musicman Stingray.

Stingray is SO much better, it's not even funny. I have the 4HH model.
//Overture

"You don't learn funk, the funk learns you.."
I like Jazz's more.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Put it this way, the Jazz is probably more versatile, so would be a good choice if you play more than just rock.
The MM on the other hand is less versatile, but you'll have a bass with a sound that'll stand out more and be better for rock. It has a big punch to it, and a lot of attack (listen to RATM's Bullet in the Head or Know Your Enemy for examples).

Your choice, one genre, or many?
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.

Go to the store, play the hell out of both of them, and buy the one you like the most.

Perhaps if you gave more details (style of music, playing techniques used, etc) then you'd get more help.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

ye the thing is i cant get my hands on either to play them because there is no music shops that sell either of those makes anywhere near where i live.. so i will have to buy off the internet.. i was thinkin the american standard jazz or the fender japan marcus millar signiture.. but i also like the musicman sterling..
i play mostly fingerstyle.. but i play slap sometimes also..
im using a peavey zodiac bass at the minute with a peavey tour head n cab
Quote by jazzbass13
ye the thing is i cant get my hands on either to play them because there is no music shops that sell either of those makes anywhere near where i live.. so i will have to buy off the internet.. i was thinkin the american standard jazz or the fender japan marcus millar signiture.. but i also like the musicman sterling..

The MM Sterling has far more tonal variation due to it having active EQ and a selector switch for single, series and parrallel pickup configuration, to get the best out of it you need a top class speaker system otherwise it is wasted.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
One-pickup Music...men aren't known for their tonal variety, whereas Jazzes are. You can choose the coils and play with the wiring, but they're all different flavours of that (in)famous humbucker croak.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by jazzbass13

Don't spend that much money without trying them out first. Better to spend £50 going into the nearest city on the train for a day than wasting £1000.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Seriousle though look into the american deluxe i really love that thing.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Yeah, if you have the cash to look at MM Sterlings, the Fender MIA Deluxe Jazzes are the same price range. They'd be better comparisons.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
bump... not... needed
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I like the jazz bass much more. Wonderful instrument.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.