You can find a pretty decent Schecter around that price
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Can't go wrong with an Epi Les Paul, it might be worth gettin a cheap amp as well.
I took an ESP LTD for my first year. It wasn't too bad, other than having to retune it all the time. But I actually found that dorms aren't that bad for theft and such. The guy right next door to me had a custom strat worth some ridiculous amount of money, and nothing bad happened to it, even though his roommate had parties all the time. I brought my real guitar this year, and so far it's been fine. My roommate knows not to touch it and none of our friends even know it's there. Just keep it under your bed and it'll be fine.
Epiphone SG.
Seriously.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
SD?

i'd go with a yamaha pacifica 112 (if you're really worried about its getting nicked), you can get those for £150. If you're willing to stretch to £300, though, the washburn x50pro takes some beating in the UK... EDIT: michael kelly may be worth considering too, i haven't been able to try them yet, but i think they have a good rep. with US-based forumites...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 4, 2008,