Im looking to buy a Line 6 Spider III 75w head, mainly because I played one a while back and loved it. But my problem is this. I neglected to ask the shop assistant what type of cab to get with it. Iv been told a lot that the only option is a Spider II 4x12 cab. Is this true or can i get any cab?
please dont waste your money on that head.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
You can use any cab as long as the ohm ratings of the head and cab match. However, I don't recommend that you buy that head.
If your looking at a spider, why don't you just burn a big wad of cash instead, it amounts to the same thing, in fact burning the cash is slightly better as you don't end up with a spider.
wow you guys are a lot of help.

TS, i would highly recommend not getting the head and cab. If you love the tone of a spider, go for the combo. and the Spiders aren't great amps BUT they are good for practicing and if you are just starting out. If you want one, then by all means get one, but just know that there are better. They are DECENT, not great, solid state modelers, despite the massive bandwagon following on here
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by ShadesOfNight
Im looking to buy a Line 6 Spider III 75w head, mainly because I played one a while back and loved it. But my problem is this. I neglected to ask the shop assistant what type of cab to get with it. Iv been told a lot that the only option is a Spider II 4x12 cab. Is this true or can i get any cab?

I really wish you'd use the search bar. There are a million Spider topics.
Anyway, all flaming aside, the only thing the Spider is really truly good for is as a practice amp, and a 75w head is NOT a practice amp. Before you buy it, go try Peavey Vypyrs and Roland Cubes. IF you still like it better, then yes, you can use any cab, as long as the Ohms and Wattage match.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.