Well well, I'm a rhythm guitar player and saddley... I have been plagued by the old old self conflict of... What gauge?

I was very happy with my Dave Mustaine ghs high gauge strings, and I loved the tone and power I had gotten from them...

But saddley, with higher gauge strings: speed lowers. If thats not so bad, hitting notes perfectly becomes harder than it should.

I switched too Boomers GBXL (john 5 commemorative set) And they sound loads different.

I guess the different gauges, going from heavy to extra super light can change the tone.

What I mean by is power choruds, rhythm, palm mutes are no where near as heavy as they where before.

Infact, it made my high-out put humbuckers sound more like single coils.

I mean, they probably would sound fairly well for a strat or strat copy. and maybe a few shredders but as for metal and thrash... Why its saddening.

I don't know if I should go back to the Daves or just another string type all together.

While the strings don't sound very heavy, I don't get ridiculous unwanted sustain when i accidentally hit the wrong string and also they sound quite nice clean.

Those are some things I really wanted to end.. and now that those issues are resolved, I lost all what originally turned me on to those heavy strings...

I dont know what to do.
First of all, "saddley" is actually spelled sadly. It's really much easier.
Why not try something in the middle, like .11s?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
maybe go for something in the middle? Say you went from something like 13's to 8's? Try something like a 10?
Just go a for a little thinner gauge than the Dave Mustaine ones, also, when you changed from really thick to really thin did you re-set it up and every thing? it can have a big impact on the way the guitar plays.
My .09's are nice...
But this is a single coil guitar.

I've never used a different gauge, I might try one.