This is kind of inspired by the thread about not feeling bad when people die. Ok, so I always hear people say things like "My brother is such a douche, but I love him, because he's family." The thing is, I don't really feel like that. I get along with pretty well with most of my family, except my sister. I really don't like her at all. She's extremely passive aggressive and we have nothing in common. We hardly talk, and when I try to ask her something, she just ignores me like I don't exist. If she wasn't in my family, I would not have anything to do with her. I would rather have some one else as a sister. Sometimes I feel the same way about my parents, but then I realize they actually care for me and help me out a lot. So basically, do you feel obligated to love your parents and siblings? Because I think it's silly that just because they are related means you have to like them.

Also, there's that say "You can't chose your family", so really, do you have to like them? I don't hang out with kids in my school I dislike, just because we're in the same class.
i see it as, you dont have to like them. just because they're family you dont have to love them.

i used to hate my sister when i was younger and i loved my mum, but now, i get on well with my sister, and, well, i suppose i do love her, but i dont love my mum very much.

i love my dad though, thats a definate, even when he moans at me.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
even when he moans at me.

That means he loves you too.

oh that is great!

"'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?"
Quote by thedudemeister
i love my dad though, thats a definate, even when he moans in bed with me.

Edited for correctness.
Quote by Erik_Aero
This is kind of inspired by the thread about not feeling bad when people die. Ok, so I always hear people say things like "My brother is such a douche, but I love him, because he's family." The thing is, I don't really feel like that. I get along with pretty well with most of my family, except my sister. I really don't like her at all. She's extremely passive aggressive and we have nothing in common. We hardly talk, and when I try to ask her something, she just ignores me like I don't exist. If she wasn't in my family, I would not have anything to do with her. I would rather have some one else as a sister. Sometimes I feel the same way about my parents, but then I realize they actually care for me and help me out a lot. So basically, do you feel obligated to love your parents and siblings? Because I think it's silly that just because they are related means you have to like them.

Also, there's that say "You can't chose your family", so really, do you have to like them? I don't hang out with kids in my school I dislike, just because we're in the same class.

Thats funny, I have a sister, she is completely opposite to me. One of thous rich spoiled type of girls, huge bitch to me. Listens to electronic music, has all this dumb blond idiot friends etc.. I still care about her if something happens to her, I just don't keep in touch with her, unless she calls me. So you don't have to like anyone if you don't, but I guess you should still care about them
Quote by StratoTele
Edited for correctness.

LOL

on thread: TS, I understand you, but family you can never choose. I love both my mother and my father, but I have no brothers/sisters. If I had, I would probably kill them
well i haven't talked to my older sister for close to 3 years and im only 18. just casue someone is family doesnt make you obligated to love them.
Quote by DarkEra97
That means he loves you too.

I know, but it can get rather irritating

Quote by StratoTele
Edited for correctness.

You ****.

although i did find it mildly humourous
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
I know, but it can get rather irritating

You ****.

although i did find it mildly humourous

You didn't get the fact that I made the same joke he did, I was just less blatant about it

oh that is great!

You can pick family, but one day shes all you might have lef tof your family so, try to keep a good bond even though shes being like that

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
I feel the same way, man. There are some people in my family who are exactly the kind of people I absolutely despise, so I obviously feel no love towards them. Nothing to be ashamed of, IMO. Just don't tell them, hehe.
Quote by DarkEra97
You didn't get the fact that I made the same joke he did, I was just less blatant about it

But the thing about the Pit is that you have to make the jokes blatant.
love and caring about family isn't exactly obligatory, it's genetic. You love something so you protect it, protecting family ensures higher chances of shared genes being passed on to the next generation?
Quote by DarkEra97

But he made it blindingly obvious.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by thedudemeister
But he made it blindingly obvious.

I forgot that it is the Pit I'm catering to, after all.

oh that is great!

Quote by DarkEra97
I forgot that it is the Pit I'm catering to, after all.

Yea, dont forget it next time
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
I know a mega huge retard, who happens to be my brother.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein