lol.

Bought that rocktronic Tube 30 tweed amp for £150. The preamp gain, as i was already aware, is a bit meh, but the power amp gain = winsauce.

this is unfortunately the only picture that my crappy camera didn't corrupt - i'll take more and post them as soon as i can, when the camera gets charged basically.

Excuse the random pile of junk behind the amp, hehe.

not a good pic. its basically just like a fender tweed. you know what one of them looks like.

I also got a marshall ED-1 compressor which is pretty good.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
congrats on a new amp! How does she sound? Clips?
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
What kind of tubsies are in thar? Congrats, looks sweet.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
its too late to be recording clips, i'll try and do some tomorrow if i have the time.

The cleans are really nice, but the preamp overdrive is a bit fizzy and spluttery but this could be due to the cheap tubes. Its best to keep the volume at 10 and use the gain as volume, so you can keep the preamp mostly clean, and overdrive the power amp (it contains 2 6L6's). So despite the iffy preamp gain, still good for the money, because of the fendery cleans
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

looks nice, bit like a classic 30 as someone already said... where did you get it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
<---- Loves 6L6's.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Seems more fenderish than classic 30ish to me. I've uploaded clips onto my profile now. Couldn't really position the mic properly though, it was a crappy computer headset mic, then again, thats what i've always used. The guitar i used was an epiphone sheraton. no FX or anything, just the dry sound.

@311ZOSOVHJH: there is no saw or mallet there just a big pile of sheet music/junkmail (why those are in the same pile i have no idea) and some random vases and candlesticks taken down from the window sills because we're having the window frames re-painted

Be Inspired. Be Different.

Heart Disease Affects Everyone.
Quote by imgooley
Be Inspired. Be Different.

Heart Disease Affects Everyone.

the only valid response to this post requires the forbidden pear.

edit: on closer look.. no it doesn't

damn junkmail. nobody reads it until it manages to find its way onto a photo of something else

Last edited by Blompcube at Oct 5, 2008,