Page 1 of 3
Searchbar didn't find anything, so I made this thread. All about the movie, games, origins, whatever.

Movie Questions

Could somebody explain to me the part in Silent Hill where the main chick is in the bathroom, and those guys are beating on the door? Who are "those guys"?

And is the "evil time" of Silent Hill happening at the same time as the normal time? (like parallel universes) Or, does it happen at a certain time where everything transforms from "normal" to bad?

And what's with the little girl at the desk, marking with black crayon or whatever, all over the picture?

Why is Pyramidhead so intent on killing Rose and the police officer??

Man, this movie is confusing.
Check out my music, if you please.
Last edited by GuitaristXakk at Oct 4, 2008,
the games are 2341283741287364018X more confusing

the movie made sense relatively

BTW im going as pyramid head for holloween
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

If the movies made sense why didn't you take the time to answer his questions.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by GuitaristXakk
Searchbar didn't find anything, so I made this thread. All about the movie, games, origins, whatever.

Movie Questions

1. Could somebody explain to me the part in Silent Hill where the main chick is in the bathroom, and those guys are beating on the door? Who are "those guys"?

2. And is the "evil time" of Silent Hill happening at the same time as the normal time? (like parallel universes) Or, does it happen at a certain time where everything transforms from "normal" to bad?

3. And what's with the little girl at the desk, marking with black crayon or whatever, all over the picture?

4. Why is Pyramidhead so intent on killing Rose and the police officer??

Man, this movie is confusing.

A1. they were people from the church, dont know what they were doing tho

A2. not sure i think its transitional as alessa covers silent hill in evil EDIT: oh "normal" you mean where the guy is looking for rose, yeah my theory is rose sharon and the officer died, and silen hill theyre in is like another dimension, look at the end of the movie, they were still in that other dimension, its like an area of the dead or cused, not really sure, its silent hill you dont question theese things, they just are

A3. its alessa, giving rose clues...or something

A4. ........ hes pyramid head, and hes going to rape them..... im 100% serious
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Last edited by aeon20k at Oct 4, 2008,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
If the movies made sense why didn't you take the time to answer his questions.

but i did you see look up
Quote by Kensai

Where does pyramidhead come from anyway?

Like how did he get the pyramid on his head?
Check out my music, if you please.
Quote by GuitaristXakk

He's just made like that.

That's like asking 'why has Rose got blonde hair'...

I personally LOVED the movie. And I don't think Rose died. I think they're trapped in a parallel universe.

I so want them to make another Silent Hill movie..
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by GuitaristXakk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_Head

wiki is your friend

"Symbolism

In the additional back story material created by the game's designers[1] it was explained that the physical appearance of Pyramid Head was an effect of James' fascination with Silent Hill's history. As revealed throughout the game, Pyramid Head's appearance was a variation of the outfits of the executioners from times past, who wore red hoods and ceremonial robes to make themselves similar to the Valtiel, the angel of the town. He was born out of the towns peoples' idolatrous ideologies.[2] According to documents created for the release of Silent Hill 4: The Room, a sect of the Silent Hill cult (the "Valtiel Sect") wore the executioner's costume depicted in Silent Hill 2.

His helmet is also a possible reference to Jimmy Stone (a high member of the cult of Silent Hill and Walter Sullivan's first victim), as when performing certain rituals he would wear a red triangular hood, which earned him the nickname red devil, a term constantly mentioned throughout the series. It is more likely that Jimmy Stone and Pyramid Head are visually referencing the same historic individuals.

In Silent Hill 2, his existence is directly tied to James Sunderland's subconscious[1]; James's repressed anger and desire to be punished for the death of his wife are what compels Pyramid Head to pursue him. Pyramid Head functions as both an executioner of Maria, but more importantly, as the constant tormentor of James. Watching Pyramid Head repeatedly murder a highly eroticized tulpa of his late wife brings a great deal of grief to James, thus completely satisfying his masochistic desires. Once these desires are fulfilled, Pyramid Head's power over James is removed. This is evidenced in one of the game's final scenes, where just before battling two Pyramid Heads simultaneously (one as punishment for killing Mary and the other for killing Eddie), James gains insight into his situation, admitting that he needed them because he was weak, and that he has no further use for them. It is only after James asserts this that the Pyramid Heads eventually impale themselves on their own spears and thus free themselves of their roles (it is mentioned that they are both punisher and victim of crime).

The entity that James encounters is a delusion of his own mind, a projection of the memories he has hidden away. Although it is unclear if the energies that formed the delusion come from Valtiel/Xuchilbara, it is suggested that others in the past have seen the manifestation. This is most likely due to the common faith in the community's history. Pyramid Head himself is not sentient or self-aware."

-wiki

lol

EDIT:
of course uncyclopedia is your friend too

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_Head
Quote by Kensai

Last edited by aeon20k at Oct 4, 2008,
Quote by Blast For Satan

well in that case

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Mazzakazza
None of that film made any sense, evar. I haven't played any of the games though, and my friend who has said it made perfect sense.

wtf

the games give alot of insight into the movie

well by alot i mean 4 games worth of wtf that when you see the movie makes those wtf points less wtf, the thing that makes silent hill so good is the complete mystery of the town and creatures, its basicly always keeping you in a state of fear by not knowing wtf is going on

wtf
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Oblivion_Rps

I personally LOVED the movie. And I don't think Rose died. I think they're trapped in a parallel universe.

just play through the games, i cant wait for silent hill homecoming, it looks wicked
Quote by Kensai

im gonna go watch the movie, lol
Quote by Kensai

If you think the movie is confusing then play Silent Hill 2.

That game has more backstory, plot and theories than 99% of movies.
Quote by aeon20k
the games are 2341283741287364018X more confusing

the movie made sense relatively

BTW im going as pyramid head for holloween

Thats the reason that I stopped playing the games.

Where did you get the costume?
ಠ_ಠ
I need to buy a psp just for Origins oh and metal gear... Not too sure about Homecoming... So many ideas were taking from the film and it feels too "clean" so to speak.

the way the world changes to the otherworld is just, for one copying the film but more annoyingly, feels too clean... Just like taking off clothes..

It should be grainy and atmospheric.. But I'm still going to buy the game, just for the collection.
Love the games

I liked the movie, but it's not the best adaptation. I mean, in the games, you meet another person, you are like 'oh shit!'. In the film, there are tonnes of people, though that number does go down for skin ripping reasons.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
I've got silent hill 1, 2, and 4, and the movie. But silent hill 3 won't run on my laptop for some homosexual reason.

I love every minute of every silent hill, except for 'the room'. It was repetitive as hell, and not scary at all. The only pants pissing moment was when you look through the hole in the wall and the rabbit has turned around.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by jmonko
Thats the reason that I stopped playing the games.

Where did you get the costume?

homemade, its not finished yet but heres whats done:

obviously thats a towel arround my waist, i have yet to find a cheap way of doing his apron thingy, and the inside of the helmet needs to be blocked so you cant see me
Quote by Kensai

awww the thread died
Quote by Kensai

Quote by aeon20k
homemade, its not finished yet but heres whats done:

obviously thats a towel arround my waist, i have yet to find a cheap way of doing his apron thingy, and the inside of the helmet needs to be blocked so you cant see me

whats the helmet made of?
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by rabidguitarist
I've got silent hill 1, 2, and 4, and the movie. But silent hill 3 won't run on my laptop for some homosexual reason.

I love every minute of every silent hill, except for 'the room'. It was repetitive as hell, and not scary at all. The only pants pissing moment was when you look through the hole in the wall and the rabbit has turned around.

The 4th game sucked so much, the first person view is so slow its unbearable.
The third game was pretty scary but they went a bit resident evil with the gameplay, so it got slated.

I think Silent Hill got the best movie treatment a game has been given so far. Sure it isn't perfect, but it wasnt bad at all.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

They're making another movie!

I don't remember when... I think possibly for 2011...
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
i have a Silent Hill theme on my ipod touch?

the movie was pretty cool never played any of the games though.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by jmonko
whats the helmet made of?

would you believe cardboard, aluminum tape, and hammered metal textured spray paint, oh and some chain link fence for the open part that is hardly visible

il take some better pics

i need to put black cloth on the inside so you cant see in, or some type of mesh, and do some more touch up on the paint
Quote by Kensai

Last edited by aeon20k at Oct 5, 2008,
rawr the thread is dead again, I COMMAND THE REVIVE!!!
Quote by Kensai

I played a little bit of 1, 3 and 4. Never got around to finishing any of them cause it's too freaky. Every time i start playing, I can't stop and I wanna keep playing but when I save and turn the game off, I don't feel like turning it on again, ever.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Are the games worth getting? Which is the best and should I just get that one or start at the beginning? I've heard some good things.
i'm starting with numero tres....which diehard SH fans will prolly hate me for

i know the plot and events of the first thanks to internet research. i was surprised at how well the movie did with staying accurate w/ the events....other than it being a mom instead of a dad (wtf?!). so i went ahead an picked up the third game for PS2 b/c it has such awesome reviews. i listened to the soundtrack last night . i'm psyched for the game! and i'm UBER bummed that i don't have a PS3 or else i'd already have SH: Homecoming....

but i think RE4 will always be my favorite survival horror game i've played through it multiple times and it never gets old
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
i think 2 and 4 are the best,
but i havent played 1 so idk,
3 was kinda lame, and the monsters sucked,
it was more like a twisted carnival the whole game,
which there was one actually
Quote by Kensai

Quote by pak1351
Are the games worth getting? Which is the best and should I just get that one or start at the beginning? I've heard some good things.

Yes, they are definitely worth getting.

From best to worst (imo): 2, 1, 3, Origins and 4 (they're all great games though), but I'd play them in chronological order. The only games that are related are 1, 3 and Origins. There are a few connections between 2 and 4, but nothing too important.
Last edited by creeping.death! at Oct 8, 2008,
Quote by rabidguitarist

I liked The Room, it was just missing something. It didn't have as much character in it as the others and it didn't have that quality in the others that made me want to keep playing it to find out what was going to happen next.

Also, the rabbit part was pretty damn creepy.
Quote by madbasslover
Also, the rabbit part was pretty damn creepy.

i came

but seriously that rabit made me throw the controller and shut off the game

screaming **** THAT SHIT!!! NAH NAH IM DONE **** THAT BUNNY!!!
Quote by Kensai

MY GOD I WANNA MAKE ONE!

Too late now.. it's almost halloween...

Maybe for next year!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by SuperBlob

I'm really glad you posted these links... I've always wanted to play the games but when they were brought out I was far too scared

The first game wasn't too creepy... I'm a few videos into the second game and already my pulse is racing. God damn it. Stupid pyramid head. Stupid lovely wonderful scary pyramid head.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The first game wasn't too creepy... I'm a few videos into the second game and already my pulse is racing. God damn it. Stupid pyramid head. Stupid lovely wonderful scary pyramid head.

The first game had a really creepy ambience throughout as opposed to being dark and having a few scary ass moments.

Also, the first time I encountered Pyramid Head in the second one I had no idea what was going on, so I was freakin out. Anyways, he killed me. Good times!
I just know I could never play these games on my own

Tomb Raider was bad enough when I was 7...
Quote by SteveHouse
Page 1 of 3