I am installing some new passive pickups today in my guitar, my question is how to tell if the pickup is installed correctly before putting strings on, because i dont want to have to take the strings on and off multiple times if i do the wiring wrong.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
if you switch to that pickup while the guitar's plugged in you should be able to tap the pickup with something magnetic like a screwdriver and you'll feel a much stronger pull than if the pickup wasn't being fed.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Quote by lolwutrgdxl
put one string on>?
or just tap the pickup it should make noise

It won't make noise unless you do something to make the pickup induct.

Quote by cds+stereo=life
if you switch to that pickup while the guitar's plugged in you should be able to tap the pickup with something magnetic like a screwdriver and you'll feel a much stronger pull than if the pickup wasn't being fed.

This is the most retarded thing I've read in ages. Pickups contain natural magnets, not electro-magnets. There's no power 'feeding' them.

Just double-check your wiring, then put all of the strings on.

Also, if you're talking about the C1, you should only have to take the rear cavity cover off if you wire them incorrectly - the only thing affected by the strings is the physical placement of the pickups, which you can't get wrong.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Oct 4, 2008,
what i do is to get a electrical screwdirver after its all soldered together and tap the magnets with it. (obviously it will have to be plugged into an amp) if it makes a clean noise with no hiss your on a winner. if it makes a noise with hiss you have a ground problem. use an electrical srewdriver to help reduce the risk of electirc shock unless you like that kind of thing lol.