Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
This is what a hammer-on is...
This is what a pull-off is...
This is the neck...
This is the volume knob...

Blah blah blah just all that stuff.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

If it's a good teacher you should probably spend a little while talking about what you want out of the lessons and that kind of thing, then maybe spend some time playing so the teacher can get some idea of what level you're on then into the teaching based on whatever comes out of the above two things.

Or at least that's what I do when I teach.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Rape. Rape is what you can expect.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If it's a good teacher you should probably spend a little while talking about what you want out of the lessons and that kind of thing, then maybe spend some time playing so the teacher can get some idea of what level you're on then into the teaching based on whatever comes out of the above two things.

Or at least that's what I do when I teach.

what he said... i had a similar exp. my first lesson... he basically said, what level do you think you are at, asked me to play some stuff and asked what i was looking to improve on.
It was real nice, but it did hurt a bit....

hes gonna teach guitar to you...
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by slash4114
Rape. Rape is what you can expect.

Yes!!!
Smilies Gone Wild
If i would be you I would ask for alot of theory, i Regret that i did not learn theory first.

You have to walk before you run, yet some people sweep without even knowing why theyre playing which notes

Theory FTW
Quote by ferguson911
If i would be you I would ask for alot of theory, i Regret that i did not learn theory first.

You have to walk before you run, yet some people sweep without even knowing why theyre playing which notes

Theory FTW

This. If you're writing music theory is like eyesight, yes you can get by without it but really ... why would you want to?
well, i couldn't say, i've never taken lessons(self taught FTW) but if he's any good he'll be asking you questions about what you want to learn and play and your goals and stuff like that and what you already know
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I knew it. For the last hour I've been practicing a bit so I don't go into my lesson cold. This way when he asks me to play what I know I won't **** up on everything and then have to start out with "this is the neck, this is the bridge, this is the truss rod" ect.

Quote by justinb904
well, i couldn't say, i've never taken lessons(self taught FTW) but if he's any good he'll be asking you questions about what you want to learn and play and your goals and stuff like that and what you already know

To each his own. I've been self taught for 5 months myself. Reasons for wanting to stay self taught? Just curious.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail