can i fit a jackson neck on my Les Paul Special II or i do i have to get the neck joint routed so i can fit it.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
I imagine that the Jackson will have a Fender 25.5 inch scale, whereas your Gibson copy, will be 24.75 inches.

If you can make it fit, the intonation will be WELL out.

Check the scale length of the Jackson neck.
Quote by Øttər
No only that, but the Epi is a set neck, isn't it?

the special 2 has a bolt on neck
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Oh, ok then.

Yeah, you still have the issue of scale. That means relocating the bridge, or changing the neck pocket.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Skeet UK
I imagine that the Jackson will have a Fender 25.5 inch scale, whereas your Gibson copy, will be 24.75 inches.

If you can make it fit, the intonation will be WELL out.

Check the scale length of the Jackson neck.

the Jackson neck has an scale of 25.5 so if it's going to change the intonation how do i fix it since i'm going to some major work on my LP by adding a Kahler 2315 bridge and new paint job.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Last edited by Pintara_jackson at Oct 5, 2008,
Quote by Pintara_jackson
the Jackson neck has an scale of 25.5 so if it's going to change the intonation how do i fix the problem.

You need to move the bridge mate.

So, you would need to move it back, so that the Hi E strings break point (on the saddle), is 25.5 inches from it's slot in the nut.

I guess the easiest way to do it, would be to take the bridge out and measure back from the centre of the screw holes .75 inches and mark new screw holes for the bridge.

Probably posts actually.

Then do a double check, that the break point will be at the right length and off you go.
i'm actually change the TOM to a Kahler Bridge.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by Pintara_jackson
i'm actually change the TOM to a Kahler Bridge.

Not come across a Kahler yet, mind linking me, always keen to learn. Also keen to learn what the T O M means too, though I know what they are!