I was searching for a new head when I came across this one. its 100W. its a hybrid so its got some solid state elements to it(effects, amp models) which i like. But i was wondering what you guys thought of it. If somebody owns or has played this amp, I would like th know what you think of the sound. the only reason im looking at line 6 because it is in my price range, and it hopefully it doesnt sound like the spiders. Im playing with an ltd v-500 and for the cab I will be using a decent peavey 4x12. I mainly play metal of all kinds but i need this head to be pretty versatile.

thanks pals and gals
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
I owned it and returned it. It sounds decent, don't let people tell you otherwise, but it's not great. Its an $800 head, and there are better options, IMO.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
I owned it and returned it. It sounds decent, don't let people tell you otherwise, but it's not great. Its an $800 head, and there are better options, IMO.

I agree. It's not a bad sounding amp when you add some volume to it. In fact, all the Spider valve amps sound ok when you crank 'em, but like you said there are better alternatives @ that price point.
Quote by theoreticmusic

Is it really $800... it's not even full tube... it's hybrid lol.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo

It is all tube. It just has a digital modeling section. Hybrid amps generally refer to a single or double preamp tube with a solid state power section.

Don't judge me.
Quote by `digitaL.braVo

Stop saying shits when you dont know what your talking about.

Its a full tube amp but its a MODELLER( grammar ? )
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Hcmanu

That'd be spelling, not grammar. Modeler. You know UG spellchecks for you, right?

Don't judge me.
The effects of the entire Spider series are limited to the levels that Line 6 has set, or at least that is what I have been told and explained by my friend who owns the 112 version.

You say "mainly metal of all kinds, but needs to be versatile"...are you playing lighter things?

You could buy a Bugera or Peavey Ultra/XXX for that price, and have money left for the various effects.

I'm not bashing the spider valve, it truely is a great margin above the SS ones.
Quote by theoreticmusic
It is all tube. It just has a digital modeling section. Hybrid amps generally refer to a single or double preamp tube with a solid state power section.

Oh see I didn't know that.

Quote by Hcmanu

See the above douche bag. It'd be in your best interest to read a grammar book before you swing insults at people for asking a question.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."