So I have this RG series Ibanez. Cost about 450 dollars. I have been happy with it but figured out lately that a floyd rose tremelo system is very difficult to deal with. I had to pay someone do restring and tune it for me, and i like to change tunings, so it's a big pain whenever i have to do that. My question is, I am thinking about selling it, and buying an Epiphone SG, since I don't have the money to buy a real Gibson SG. Good idea or bad idea?

P.S. - I play hardcore/metal music, would the SG do that well?
Just because it's Epi doesn't mean it's not real... =/

You should try around on other guitars rather than having a mind set on 1, Ibanez covers what you play fairly well, plus if you played well with it, why not get another one, except without a FR
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
For $450 I'd look at a Jackson or Schecter in that price range.
True. I was unexperienced with the technical stuff when I purchased it. Would I have known the pain of Floyd Rose, I would have done that.
Changing strings on a Floyd Rose is a b*tch. They're also hard to keep in tune in Drop D. It's only worth the pain if you like to do a lot of dive-bombs with it.
Don't do it, at the least buy a different Ibanez.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75
Old SG Mock
If you like Ibanez, get a fixed bridge model. Otherwise take a look at Jackson, Schecter, ESP/LTD. They'd probably do your style of music better than an SG.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Quote by Scrubs
Just because it's Epi doesn't mean it's not real... =/

You should try around on other guitars rather than having a mind set on 1, Ibanez covers what you play fairly well, plus if you played well with it, why not get another one, except without a FR

Word, I love my Elitist ^^
or u could get an epi les paul..
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp