Someone's selling a VHT Pitbull 50/CL on craigslist for 1,250. I was wondering if this amplifier was any good? Could anyone tell me the charecteristics about it? I mean, I absolutely loved the deliverance 60, is it anything like it?

I want something that can get pretty heavy/brutal.

tytytytytyttytytas;flk
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i think i only tried the 100 watt version of the ultra lead vht, and that was ages before i tried the deliverance... i'm probably not much help. my guess is it's not a million miles away from the deliverance, but obviously take that with a pinch of salt...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the price isnt too bad, i would try it if the person lets you, see what condition its in, new tubes?
yeah its basically going to be heavier, i see deathmetal bands use these amps before, there really epic and sweet tone, like BR00TAL tone dude.
sweet

Quote by Dave_Mc
i think i only tried the 100 watt version of the ultra lead vht, and that was ages before i tried the deliverance... i'm probably not much help. my guess is it's not a million miles away from the deliverance, but obviously take that with a pinch of salt...

what's the difference between the UL and the CL, anyway? how did you like it?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
no idea tbh, i can't even remember if i tried the UL or CL... EDIT: i liked it a lot, but the price here is ridiculous (like, £2600, or close to $5k), which tends to put a damper on things...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
man, that really sucks, dave.

well, I really want to try both the CL and UL out. Have you managed to get your hands on a SIG-X yet? I remember trying one and not liking it, but I want to test it out again.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
nah, i haven't got to try it yet... i only get to try a lot of this nice gear when i get to either england or scotland, and i haven't been there for a while...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I tried the full VHT line out at a guitar center in AZ. All of their amps sound remarkably similar especially for the price differences.

The price of that though, too good to pass up really.

I'd go for it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
make sure you have a cab that goes with it though!
VHTs are super picky about what cab you play them through
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
I remember playing the D60 with a VHT 4x12.

I fell in love D:

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
I've played the 100W Pittbull, & it sounds very similar to a Soldano SLO 100, closer than any other amp model out there IMO. Very tight, crisp, & articulate, & like the Soldano, will force you to play cleanly because all of your mistakes are tight , crisp, & articulate also! If that price is in USD, that sounds pretty good, esp if you're not in the US (Korea, right?).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Oh son! Go for it. That amp is very tight sounding. One of my faves of the VHT line
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
yeah I'm actually considering getting a 50/CL as well once i sell my 5150.
but i've been told they sound terrible on G-Flex cabs, but i heard a clip of it recorded through a G-Flex and it sounded quite good
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab