Hey crew,

Now it's pretty rare that I see a PRS in stores here (I happen to live Lithuania) and so I haven't yet had the chance to play one but when I read something about them the things people say are along the lines of :

*Very versatile guitar
*Like a cross between a strat and a les paul (as in has good sustain and plays heavy plus has nice clean tones)
*Built very well, beautiful finishes

Now I take all of the points above with a grain of salt since they could be all totally true/complete bullshit/or only true to some of the models. So I'd like to hear your guys thoughts on PRS's

Hope that i managed to get my point across.

Take it easy.
I played on one of the cheaper models (still was 700 euros) and the feel totally blew me away.

if it wasn't that freaking ugly I probably would've bought it....
Well, they do get a lot of very positive feedback.

Personally, I don't really like them: I find the necks pretty uncomfortable. This is of course an issue of personal preference, so you might like them a lot better than I do

They do seem to be well built, though.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
very pricey, but very nice. you get what you pay for i suppose
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
i bought my SE EG SSH for £270, same price as a high end squier, got the soapbar SE II as well.
the EG is the best sounding guitar ive ever played, although the pickups get a bit of noise if you leave your hands off, no major problem though, theyre very quiet otherwise.
i love the trem bridge too, nothing sharp to scratch up your hand if palm muting is your thing. the hardtail bridge is a usual wrap-around, nothing wrong with it =]
the clean tone blew me away =] but the necks are a matter of preference
-Gear-
Ibanez SR-500
Epiphone EJ-200
PRS SE EG (SSH version)
Ashdown Perfect Ten 30w
Ashdown ABM500 Evo II

Based in Birmingham, available for any bass work.
MSN or email narcolepsy_patrol@hotmail.co.uk
unless you get one with a wide/thin neck

best guitar ive ever played, the only criticism id have of mine is that its so good that it feels a little soulless
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
nice guitars (the USA-built ones), but too expensive in europe for what they are, in my opinion. obviously personal preference plays a part in that too. i'm not fussed on the SEs either, again i think they're too dear for what they are...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i agree the USA ones are expensive but i dont think the SE line is overpriced at all, comparable to Epiphone and better guitars
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
I've never heard anyone say a bad word about them but I must admit the look of the heel on the neck joint worries me quite a bit; it looks like the upper fret access is pretty dodgy to me but I haven't played one so I can't test that hypothesis yet.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
PRS are, IMO, the best guitars ever made. All of them (the American ones, I mean).
I've played about a dozen and they all have been absolutely perfect, I couldn't find a single flaw. The look, the feel, the sound, the weight, the control, the playability (excellent high frets access)... everything was perfect. The only downside is that they're very expensive, but you really get what you pay for with them. I think they're the only high end brand which isn't actually overpriced.

But I'd always recommend to try them a bit first. The 25" scale, the neck profile, the tone... sure aren't for everyone and they may feel awkward for some people. You'll know it after 10 seconds of holding one if you love them or not, you won't need more
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
I'm not too keen on PRS guitars to be honest, they don't look too nice and I don't like the feel of them. I think the SE ones aren't that good either, I've only noticed faults with them. But, saying that, I point faults in everything, so yeah.

Anyways, they're alright guitars, but I think they are like marmite really; you either love them, or hate them.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
you either love them, or hate them.

I absolutely agree with that. You don't like them and I just happen to love them, so it kinda gets compensated
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Mahoru
PRS are, IMO, the best guitars ever made. All of them (the American ones, I mean).
I've played about a dozen and they all have been absolutely perfect, I couldn't find a single flaw. The look, the feel, the sound, the weight, the control, the playability (excellent high frets access)... everything was perfect. The only downside is that they're very expensive, but you really get what you pay for with them. I think they're the only high end brand which isn't actually overpriced.

But I'd always recommend to try them a bit first. The 25" scale, the neck profile, the tone... sure aren't for everyone and they may feel awkward for some people. You'll know it after 10 seconds of holding one if you love them or not, you won't need more

Plus one! This man pretty much summed it up.