so its sort of bluesy/jazzy sounding, and i think has alot of potential

but i cant figure out what key its in

chords

then

-

does anybody know what key this would be in, i dont know what else i can do with it.

only thing i can really think is the Gflat minor scale with a blues note in it aswell?!
I think guitar pro can work it out for you.
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
looks like a7 and g7 if im correct.
Im sure about the first, not the second.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
i dont have guitar pro, i'd just like help frmo someone educated

the second chord is a D minor 7th add.. something!
constructing wierd chords is the part if music theory i lack the most knowedge in
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Oct 4, 2008,
well... first you have

then

-

try going down on the melody

-

-

-

and go back to the first one.....
it makes a melody to it, and its not boring or anything, then when ur ready for the chorus do something else xD
Ive really figured out how i want the verse to song, its got a pretty full sounding riff juist between those two chords.

I want to know the key of the song so i can transition into a chorus smoothly, something im having a hard time doing'

no matter what key i think im playing in theres an accidental note taht doesnnt fit
I havnt had a chance to sit down and play it yet but how do they sound next to each other, If your looking to solo over it you may just have to switch scales between A major and C# melodic minor, depending on what chord your playing over,

What other chords are you using in this song and what strumming/picking patterns are you using???
ive been playing a riff using an A major scale with the C note in it, gives it a very bluesy feel.

I really am just completly lost as to what I want to go to next, its really mellow sounding. I wish i had a way to record it.

Right now the only change ive done that im thinking might work is a really phychedelic breakdown in the middle and then it just leads right back to the soothing Amaj7
Which note are you emphasising more the C or the C# because that 3rd willd determine which key its in from what youve told us so far
I use the C sharp in the rill while im playing over the A major7, and i use a C and B in the riff while im playing over the Cmaj9#11 no 5th
Your in either A major or A Melodic minor but your using 2 conflicting 3rds so you would have to work out the chords for both and see what worked
well, I guess im happy that I was right about the song all along

it just sounds like there should be this other chord to lead into fora chorus, and i cant figure it out
try resolving back to the Amaj7 to resolve the tension before going into your chorus, i could tell you more if i could see exactly what your playing.