i wanna play like this guy - the second bit not the first bit.

What would you call the style of music that this guy is playing in the second bit of this video when he slows down and starts fingerpicking? I want to learn to do stuff like that, so i was thinkin bout getting a book to give me some good excersizes, but i dont know what its called.

i always wanna call it gondola music because its the type of music that you hear in movies when people are in gondolas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrrtdJ3Rc28&feature=related
In before 'no emotion'.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
sounded like a penny pusher at an arcade
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by CobenBlack
i thought the second bit was very good. and to be fair, music doesn't have to be emotional to be good. it has its times, just like everythin else.

^ emotion is like the point of music
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Wow, that was very, very good. Whole thing.

Still, no idea what you'd call that style.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by VanTheKraut
^ emotion is like the point of music

no - emotion is what you see as the point in music. i like to listen to things because i think they sound good. and i know that your gonna go away and think you've got some sort of moral high ground, or you just know btter than other people what makes good music, but when it comes down to it, you like what you like, and i like what i like.

doesn't mean of course that i dont think people like rory gallagher and srv aren't amazing, but i wouldn't want to listen to them all the time. sometimes your in a rocky mood. sometimes its nice to listen to something that just sounds good.
Black Sabbath's Orchid is played in that style, with 3 note finger picking. Just no where's near as fast. It's a good start if you've never finger picked before.
Last edited by xHellbound at Oct 4, 2008,
look at the comment:
you sound like yngwie malmsteen and buckethead mixed. very cool sound.

oh god.
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
Quote by xHellbound
Black Sabbath's Orchid is played in that style, with 3 note finger picking. Just no where's near as fast. It's a good start if you've never finger picked before.

much appreciated.

does anyone know how i'd mute this? i mean ive been playing about with it for a few seconds now, and already i can see that the low strings are feeding back, and the bottom strings aren't happy either. it seems like the technique requires my palm to be off the bridge, but this is the only way i can think of stopping the notes ringing
its not called tremolo or flamenco, although it uses the tremolo technique, and is usually played on a flamenco guitar. its called romantic music, and it's an offshoot of classical italian (it sounds very godfather-ish eh?). I'm not sure what the name of his piece is though.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by muse-ik
its not called tremolo or flamenco, although it uses the tremolo technique, and is usually played on a flamenco guitar. its called romantic music, and it's an offshoot of classical italian (it sounds very godfather-ish eh?). I'm not sure what the name of his piece is though.

**** me, your full of shit!
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
does anyone know what the name of the guitar he's using is? it looks like its super fast for shredding.

and by the way being able to play like him doesn't mean not using emotion... it simply means the TS wants to have that amazing technique which he can use as a vehicle to express emotion. The only limiting factors to express emotions on any instrument is lack of technique and lack of creativity. If TS is creative, he still needs technique to be able to express himself well.

EDIT: and yes Ana Vidovic is great but that doesnt sound very flamenco-ey... she still has a really good sense of dynamics and plays very exquisitely.

this sounds way more flamenco-ey... the Vidovic sounds like Spanish-flavored Classical almost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmcjAGJOPR0&feature=related

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Last edited by bootyguard at Oct 4, 2008,
Quote by bootyguard
does anyone know what the name of the guitar he's using is? it looks like its super fast for shredding.

and by the way being able to play like him doesn't mean not using emotion... it simply means the TS wants to have that amazing technique which he can use as a vehicle to express emotion. The only limiting factors to express emotions on any instrument is lack of technique and lack of creativity. If TS is creative, he still needs technique to be able to express himself well.

good call!
Quote by bootyguard

parker fly guitars

that was good. 1st part ive seen before. Still impressive. But the 2nd part showed hes just not another shredder.

*claps*
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
That was actually very good, and sort of in the direction that I'm aiming at. He uses a lot of technique and musical ideas that I have/want to have.

Anyway, the second part is simply tremelo picking, check out some classical guitar. Check out the song "El Ultimo Cancion" by Augustine Barrios Mangore performed by John Williams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StxpWgfhjIg
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
hey guys, im steve dadaian, the artist playing in that video. to answer your question, the technique that I am using in the second half of the video is in fact called tremolo. This is a technique where (in the right hand) the thumb plays the bass line and the melody is played by the index, ring, and middle fingers simultaneously. The piece I am playing was something I wrote myself when I was around 16 or 17 (I am 21 now). In addition to playing electric I also study classical in my spare time; I wanted to show much of my techniques that I frequently use in a short video. I've been playing on a parker mojo lately and i prefer to use mesa amps. but thanks for checking out the video i hope you did like it.
Quote by stevedadaian
hey guys, im steve dadaian, the artist playing in that video. to answer your question, the technique that I am using in the second half of the video is in fact called tremolo. This is a technique where (in the right hand) the thumb plays the bass line and the melody is played by the index, ring, and middle fingers simultaneously. The piece I am playing was something I wrote myself when I was around 16 or 17 (I am 21 now). In addition to playing electric I also study classical in my spare time; I wanted to show much of my techniques that I frequently use in a short video. I've been playing on a parker mojo lately and i prefer to use mesa amps. but thanks for checking out the video i hope you did like it.

Well hello there