Hi, two questions really...

I am looking at getting the Vox ad100vt but wandering whether to get the combo or the head...I'm thinking the head.

But...don't know what cab to get for it. I have a tight budget...I came across this - http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/76904 - epiphone triggerman 4x12 but wandering would this be OK with the vox head?

Thanks!
half stack with 2x12 cab instead. they look cooler, and lifting a combo is harder than lifting the head and 2x12 separately
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
combo
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Zeds.Ded
half stack with 2x12 cab instead. they look cooler, and lifting a combo is harder than lifting the head and 2x12 separately

+1.

I actually recommend you build your own 2x12 cab if you can, as it works out much cheaper. I built one fro a friend who is using this amp with celestion G12-t 75 speakers and it sounds really good.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
If you're on a budget then you don't buy a halfstack, simple as. You want the most you can get for your money and that invarialbly means a combo.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hey, thanks for the replies...Id say my budget is like between 3 and 400 .... and yeah its for gigging with. I need something with good high gain mainly....i think the combo would be more sensible but I the hslf stack would look so much better!
A half stack will sound fuller. But I wouldn't waste money on a modeling amp halfstack. Tube would be better.

Yo can get a Peavey Valveking head with a bad monkey OD for about $580. That's if you want to save up though.
Quote by roberto123
hey, thanks for the replies...Id say my budget is like between 3 and 400 .... and yeah its for gigging with. I need something with good high gain mainly....i think the combo would be more sensible but I the hslf stack would look so much better!

Remember, the guitar is a musical instrument, not a visual performance art - therefore how things sound is generally more important than how they look.

With such a low budget you don't really have a choice anyway, you can't even afford a shit half stack, never mind a mediocre one
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
don't get a 100 watt practice amp. Seriously

Voxes don't even have good High gain, Roland Cubes are better in that price range.

I would look at a used Peavey Ultra Combo or a used Peavey Valveking and do a speaker swap.
A combo is the way to go. Alot of bands around here gig with combos and they're plenty loud. For gigging a tube amp is the way to go. A used Peavey Valveking with a speaker swap and an OD pedal. It'll cost more than you have but if you save up for it I think you'll like it. I know people that own them and they sound pretty good.