okayy. so i have a line 6 spider III hd 150. good amp, but im getting sick of it. i wanna sell it. theres nothing wrong with it, its just to much for me to carry around everywhere.

my friend has a Vox AC30 and it sounds soooo damn good. so i decided i would start looking into investing in a tubeamp.

i found a hybrid by line 6 called "Spider Valve". it sounds pretty good. the one im looking at is 40w, i dont know anything about tube amps so i dont know if thats good or not, but i not sure if it will be loud enough for band practice or what not.

i know its nothing compaired to the AC30, but has any one ever used it, and what did you think of it?

or how about you give me some suggestions on what i should look into. im not looking to spend more than 300$ after what i make from selling my half stack. so probably around 7-8 hundred.

sorry if my sentences dont make any sense. i havent slept in 3 days.

edit-i play music like :

scary kids scaring kids
lovehatehero
attack attack!
all time low
the american life
forever the sickest kids
Last edited by Brokntragedy at Oct 4, 2008,
i know its not the best. just something to get me by.

i dont wanna spend that much really. i work at a movie theater. i dont make that much money.
is there a difference between the wattage of a solid state amp and a tube amp? cause the ac30 is only 30w and its pretty loud. im not sure its just the vox, or goes for all tube amps.
Quote by Brokntragedy
is there a difference between the wattage of a solid state amp and a tube amp? cause the ac30 is only 30w and its pretty loud. im not sure its just the vox, or goes for all tube amps.

It's not wattage, a tube amp produces more audible frequencies, making it seem substantially louder than a comparative SS amp.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Go with an AC15 maybe. Much truer tube sounds than the Spider, and hybrids never sound as good as true tubes. As long as you dont gig w/out micing your amps (not smart, i dont think), you should be good.
Yeah. The general consensus says that valve amps are generally about x2.5 louder than a solid state amp. It does vary from amp to amp though - the AC30 happens to be a very loud valve amp.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
A Spider Valve will sound nothing like a Vox AC30...if you want a proper tube amp then get a Peavey Classic 30.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
How about this?
http://detroit.craigslist.org/msg/840506823.html

The beauty of Craigslist is that you usually deal face to face with the seller (I believe), and thus you can't be scammed so easily. You go over, play the amp, and if you like it you buy it.

I'm not sure if it's too far away or something but just something I found.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Spider valve is a nice amp, i got the HD version cos it got 2 more power tubes... but 40w version is a really god amp, just think...
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Quote by steven seagull
A Spider Valve will sound nothing like a Vox AC30...if you want a proper tube amp then get a Peavey Classic 30.

did you read the part where i said..

"i know its nothing compaired to the AC30"
spider valves all tube, if you can tweak EQ good it will sound just as good as any other amp, at least i think.
spider is not a tube its just got preamp tubes or something anyways its not gonna give u a tube sound check out the ac15 if u love ur friends ac30. and tube amps are generally louder
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
^You are ignorant.

It is a tube in a way. It has tubes in the pre amp and the poweramp. It just happens to have a digital part integrated into the preamp.

Just cause it is tube doesn't mean it will sound good.

You could get a AC30 used for the price of a new Spider Valve.