i am needing something to make my solos be heard. i know boost pedals increase your volume but the thing i dont like is most dont add extra overdrive. i was looking at the BBE green screamer or the ibanez ts9 to use as a boost to get extra drive and volume. i play christian worship rock and travle alot so i dont have that much time to go to the music store and play different pedals. any suggestions?
you said it yourself, you want more volume and dirt, so OD pedal it is. Tubescreamer of some kind is your best bet, seeing as it is the OG in the drive pedal world.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
oh. username. should have guessed. OD all the way. nice amp, by the way.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
ts-9
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
oh yeah by the way i use a les paul standerd and already own a visual sound route 66(ts-808 clone)
If you have a tube amp, get an overdrive. Just leave the tone flat, at 12 o clock, and you should get more dirt and volume w/out any coloring.

EDIT: Seeing as how you have a route 66 OD, get a booster. It should sent more signal thru your amp (if its a tube), and give you more dirt.
i cant use the route 66 for a boost acdcrocks0323. i leave the compressor on all the time i never take it off so the comp channel acts like a boost so my clean sound isn't so weak.
Quote by voxAC30TBguy
i cant use the route 66 for a boost acdcrocks0323. i leave the compressor on all the time i never take it off so the comp channel acts like a boost so my clean sound isn't so weak.

compressor on all the time? tears away dynamics. I advise against that. selective engagement is best. could be your problem.

I would look into EHX Nano LPB-1 boost pedals. They're great and cheap.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
theoreticmusic, i roll off the actuall compression but have the gain knob up a bit for a clean boost.