Just that. I need your opinion about the Ibanez JTKB200 BS Jet King 4-String bass. The bass player in my band is thinking about buying it, and I wanted to know if it's worth it for a middle budget.
Thanks in advanced.
Quote by creepingjesus73
It looks tidy, but I haven't tried one yet. So that was pointless...

really, the same thing here. I have a suspicion it will be reminiscent of an old school t-bird.

but, I still want to try one. just in case...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Wow, hate to say it, but I share the exact same sentiments of my two cohorts here.

And I've been wanting to ask this question myself for awhile. Because I think I might want to get it.

So I'm not being completely useless, I will say that I have never played an Ibanez that I didn't like. If nothing else, it should be at least ok. And when you're talking about quality of tone of a vintage-esque bass, I should think you've gotten into splitting hairs.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Looks like it has to be played to be appreciated. $350 is a very low price for something that looks pretty solid, but those pickups scare me. If it had jazz pickups, I'd buy it in a snap.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
+1 all, roughly what I was thinking. Ibanez are good much more often than not, and its got a keen price. Not sure about it sounding T-birdish tho'. Aren't those pups chrome covered versions of the passive h/bs on the BTB's and Soundgears?
Quote by creepingjesus73
+1 all, roughly what I was thinking. Ibanez are good much more often than not, and its got a keen price. Not sure about it sounding T-birdish tho'. Aren't those pups chrome covered versions of the passive h/bs on the BTB's and Soundgears?

if so, it will just cut the air a tiny bit. I saw the look and guessed. but I would be very pleased to have an old looking bass that sounds good besides Squier in the 400- price range.

especially with that look. I like those pickups.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i was also wondering about it. i read a review that it would be hard to play slapbass on it. but i dnk that's why i want to know if someone has tried to play slap on one. i have a hondo bass!! it really sucks you dont even know. please someone help me
Played it, was alright. Felt kinda cheaply made. Wouldn't buy it personally.
Nope. Dont do it.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?