Backwards baseball caps? Seriously?

Props to him for the idea though

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
cooler than i thought it would be!

you can get a sitar-like sound using a delay pedal on the fastest setting. so it chimes.
cool idea, but he CAN'T play misirlou.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Last edited by Sonny_sam at Oct 4, 2008,
well, to get the buzz, you can lower your action till you just BARELY get fret buzz, that works too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
you can also get a sitar sound by very lightly placing your picking hand's palm over the strings , barely touching them.but it's very difficult and you'll have the have a very steady and controled hand
"I'm gonna go ahead and explain what a sitar is for those who do not know..."

Even though he doesn't know himself apart from it was in a few rock songs.

On topic, think I might try this idea out.
Quote by Jackolas
Whammy without the whammy or guitar sound likea sitar?

Hmmm

"i can play the sitar without a sitar!!"
That's pretty impressive
Quote by zObiPhiOn
I came at the

-"Oh Lars, seek and destroy my backside"
-"yeah Kirk ride my lightning!"

██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
______________________███████████████████
██████████████████████___________██████████████████████
You'd probably be better off trying to replicate the flat bridge by putting a shitload of picks on top of your pickup. Of course, that's even tackier than this video, and it'll rape your intonation up the ass, but it'll sound more like a sitar.
Actualy I got really close by taking an electric-acoustic, tuning it down almost to bass pitch, but still with standard tuning and running it through pitch shift on the highest setting, reverb and delay. not great but because its tuned down, the strings are extremely loose so you can replicate the extreme bends of a sitar...I'll try to get some mp3's or vids up asap
Quote by Jehuty
You can also sound like a sitar, by actually buying one. Instead of ****ing around with a guitar.

Isn't it one of the most expensive and difficult instruments to play? I know it looks similar to a guitar, but it's supposed to be completely different.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
holy crap! this is more groundbreaking than the time i learned to whammy without the whammy bar!
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.