I fancy getting a les paul, but I dont want a proper one, I want a copy. Black beauty sort of look I suppose.

Anyone know of any decent brands that do les paul copies? Budget is about 200GBP or about 325 US dollars, but the less I spend the better.

Ive looked into Vintage, LTD, Hamer, Ralleigh, Burny, Tokai, Greco, and Epiphone as well as a few that I cant remember the name of.

Im hoping for any that I buy to be built fairly solid and have decent electrics but Im not expecting vast amounts, just the ability to last through whatever I chuck it through.
Quote by CobenBlack
I fancy getting a les paul, but I dont want a proper one, I want a copy. Black beauty sort of look I suppose.

Anyone know of any decent brands that do les paul copies? Budget is about 200GBP or about 325 US dollars, but the less I spend the better.

Ive looked into Vintage, LTD, Hamer, Ralleigh, Burny, Tokai, Greco, and Epiphone as well as a few that I cant remember the name of.

Im hoping for any that I buy to be built fairly solid and have decent electrics but Im not expecting vast amounts, just the ability to last through whatever I chuck it through.

My mate has a Vintage v100, very nice guitars for the money. Another brand that may be out your price range is Tokai, which are slightly better then Vintages.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
http://www.rondomusic.com/

Look at the Agile LP copies; I've heard good things about them.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Vintage might be your best bet or possibly a used Tokai if you can find one but you really won't get a lot for £200; it would definitely be in your best interest to save some more money.

Quote by FloyDZeD
http://www.rondomusic.com/

Look at the Agile LP copies; I've heard good things about them.

Agile's aren't really worth the money once you pay for import costs, tax, shipping and all that kind of stuff; the saving is eaten by living on an island.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
to be honest im gonna buy two and use them as gig backups. goin on road soon, and need some guitars that are gonna be reliable come what may. only have that much money to spend. got my main guitar, but if something goes wrong with it, i need something there.
Quote by CobenBlack
to be honest im gonna buy two and use them as gig backups. goin on road soon, and need some guitars that are gonna be reliable come what may. only have that much money to spend. got my main guitar, but if something goes wrong with it, i need something there.

Ahhh, I see, well the Vintages are your best bet then really; pretty nice guitars for the money, definitely of gigging quiality but I'm not sure exactly how well they'd stand up to the rigours of a full blown tour. Get a decent case each and I reckon they should last you pretty well.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I heard Epiphones Les Pauls are pretty close to real Les Pauls.

Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I have a Japanese Tokai for sale but its a bit more than 250.
its worth getting the japanese tokais as apposed to the chinese ones, the chinese ones are only as good as a good epi. A japanese Tokai is as good as a Gibson standard for half the money.
Definetly go for Vintage. They are superb quality guitars for the price you pay, they sound great and are really nice to play. They definetly don't feel cheap either. I preferred my Vintage to the Epiphone equivalent by miles!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker