Hey, I'm looking into getting either a Peavy JSX or XXX. I'm wondering if anyone has either of these and has suggestions for me. I play alot of hardcore, punk, and ska. So I need something versital that I can do chugs and fast ska chords. I like the built in noise gate for the chugs.

I've also heard alot about Bugera amps being good. I like the features of the 333XL, but when I tried it at Sam Ash, it sounded really tinny. It could of been the crappy cab it was plugged into or the tubes could of been shot though. I currently have a Marshall 1960 A cab.

Any suggestions for me on making my purchase?
JSX, the XXX's cleans are sterile (the Ultra channel is scooped too iirc) and the Bugera is basically a JSX copy.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i actually played a jsx today.. it was quite good.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
yeah wrong amps dude, if your playing punk stuff like that, i would suggest looking into a marshall or even a orange with a OD pedal.
You are looking into the wrong amps.
Only the JSX would be pretty good. Look at a JCM 800, Orange Rocker, or even a Marshall clone
Quote by mcrfobtai
You are looking into the wrong amps.
Only the JSX would be pretty good. Look at a JCM 800, Orange Rocker, or even a Marshall clone

dont get a ceritone or how ever you spell it, there rippoffs.
Okay the JSX is just a modded version of a XXX, it has a less gainy crunch channel, and has a few other knobs to help dial in tone. Also the Triple comes with 6l6GC and the JSX with EL34, although both amps can run either tube. Really they are underrated amps that are capable of nearly any type of style, although Pre 1980's classic rock is probably not where they really shine, EVH and hair metal to modern metal/Nu metal is just bread and butter for these amps. Most people who mouth them don't understand, or don't take enough time to dial in the active eqs, they can be tricky if you have never used amp with them. Honestly the Crunch channel sounds very much like a supper hotroded Plexi/jcm 800, and the ultra is very modern sounding, kind similar to a Mesa Boogie Rectifier on the loose setting. IMO the both amps are great, I have the Triple and love the Rawness of the gain on the Chrunch channel, I was really wanting a JCM800 sounding gain and this amp really delivers, as well as all the rectified sound I want as well. BTW the Ultra channel only sounds scooped if you scoop the mids your self, people on here ethier don't try the amps for them selves and repeat what ever else they hear or just listen to crappy Yutube videos with teenagers ruin these amps reputation by scooping the hell out of them. Also the Cleans are very nice for high gain amps, they are no fender cleans, but sound better than most other high gain amp cleans, the guy mouthing must be think of the 5150
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by convictionless
dont get a ceritone or how ever you spell it, there rippoffs.

ceriatone make amazing amps for the price, they are all handwired, and cheap. wheres the ripoff there?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808