A engl screamer 50 combo for 950 euro or a engl fireball head for the same price?

If i go for the head ill need a cab also which will be 300-500 euros more.

The screamer seem a little more versatile, with 4 channels
Anyways, my highest priority is the high gain tone, and the clean tone

Is there a big difference in the high gain tone of a screamer and the fireball?

Would it be worth it to pay extra for the fireballs cab?
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

is peavey expensive in your country? if it is then dam cause i would suggest a peavey 6505+. but i would save up a bit more for a engl if its the only super high gain amp around that is ata decent price. just to let you know, engls can cut through band mixes worth shit at all, ESPECIALLY live, i should know seeing as im in a band where one of the members used to have a engl. keyword "used to have" and i live sound tech for alot of metal bands that used them.
if you only need the modern high gain thing, and the clean, then go with the fireball. you're right in that the screamer is more versatile, but the fireball is better for modern metal. regarding the cab, it really depends on the tone you're after.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the peavey 6505 head have the sameprice as the fireball in my local store, but the thing is that i practice in my apartment alot ( not only), and ive heard that these peaveys need to be cranked to sound superb, and that the engls sound good at all volumes
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Last edited by Jaekae at Oct 4, 2008,
i never really had a problem with the 5150 at lower volumes (that's from trying them at a shop)... also engls do tend to sound better at higher volumes (mine does anyway), but sounds remarkably good at lower volumes. i mean if you're trying to run it at whisper volume it's still going to be a bit fizzy, like any tube amp...

try them both at the type of volume you normally play at, to be sure...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Jaekae
the peavey 6505 head have the sameprice as the fireball in my local store, but the thing is that i practice in my apartment alot ( not only), and ive heard that these peaveys need to be cranked to sound superb, and that the engls sound good at all volumes

lol someone is lying to you. ALL tube amps need to be cranked to sound "saturated" so unless your a sound pedo you shouldnt be making or breaking a amp over that, and now that you think of it, if your in a apartment, why dont you just get a peavery 6505 amp combo.
ye i will try the peavey and the fireball when i come home from the blue sea, but the cheaper option ( engl screamer ) is one amp i cant try before i buy, since its not in any stores in teh city, have to order it online,

so if anyone have tried them, how does the screamer compare to the other two?