It have come to my decision to buy a new guitar, i have picked out the one like the most by looks but don't know if it's any good.
Can you please give me som recommendation what i am looking for when im looking for a new guitar? I'm playing all different music styles from Rhcp to metallica to John Mayer.

Here is a model i've picked out http://www.thomann.de/se/fender_deluxe_lone_star_strat_rw_awh.htm?sid=029ce9c51faf187fcac682b73a76100a

I'm not that experienced with whats good at a guitar, but does this 1 look fair enough to be a second guitar?

/Teo
are you set on a fender? or can you explore other options?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
i am kinda set on fender, i like the strata version alot. But if you can give me tips on another nice guitar im open for suggestions.
whats your price range and what style of music will you be playing?
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I suggest you go to a local music store, ask the people working there for tips and advice and try out guitars to find the one you like the feel of.
Although im pretty sure ive played one of those and they feel pretty solid.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Price from like , crap im not good at us dollar, but around 600 euro and below.
As i said, i play allround but most like RHcp Style, clean rock.
by strata im assuming you mean stratocaster....
I own one.... and it is a very nice guitar...
I dont prefer to use it for heavier music....

as for the shell pick guard..... they are ugly imo
but to each his own i guess

you can never go wrong with a strat but if you have never tried any other guitars i suggest you go to a shop and try a few out
just to see if you cant find something you like more
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by LaGrange
I suggest you go to a local music store, ask the people working there for tips and advice and try out guitars to find the one you like the feel of.
Although im pretty sure ive played one of those and they feel pretty solid.

By solid, you mean that is not that good?
I'm sorry for my crappy english.
solid means it is a good guitar....
which is what most fenders are
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
by strata im assuming you mean stratocaster....
I own one.... and it is a very nice guitar...
I dont prefer to use it for heavier music....

as for the shell pick guard..... they are ugly imo
but to each his own i guess

you can never go wrong with a strat but if you have never tried any other guitars i suggest you go to a shop and try a few out
just to see if you cant find something you like more

Je stratocaster. I like the shell pick guard, one of the reasons it's a favorite

Je, i guess i'll have to do that, i just don't know what to look for when looking for a new guitar.
Listen. Look for a used 80's or 90's Fender. You can get them really cheap and they feel way better than new ones imo. They feel worn in, but not worn out if you know what I mean. I just don't like the feel of new guitars though so that could just be me. I personally just recently bought a 97 Mexican Strat with Texas Special pickups already installed for $300. I LOVE IT! Fender is definitely the way to go if you like that bluesy single-coil tone. I really recommend installing Texas Specials too. They have more of a bite to them that I really like.
Quote by Trc91
By solid, you mean that is not that good?
I'm sorry for my crappy english.

No i mean it feels solid as in a nice instrument, not cheap feeling.
But like i said you would benefit more if you went and tried out instruments yourself.
First hand experience is priceless.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
solid means it is a good guitar....
which is what most fenders are

Ahh! That sounds great! but is it true that a crappy amp reduces the sound of a great guitar? I mean, if i get a better amp aswell everything will sound better.
you really dont need to know what to look for....
just look at some guitars.... if you think it looks cool try it out
then if you like the way it plays and the sound you get out of it
thats all that really matters

what type of amp are you using?
Total Failure

Quote by Trc91
Ahh! That sounds great! but is it true that a crappy amp reduces the sound of a great guitar? I mean, if i get a better amp aswell everything will sound better.

yes i recomend you get a nice tube combo. Your amp and your fingers is where most of your tone comes from, the guitar just has features that make playing alot easier and more comfortable. But that doesnt mean use single coils for metal, im just saying your amp choice is VERY important in how your sound is.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
Quote by MetalUpYourRear
Listen. Look for a used 80's or 90's Fender. You can get them really cheap and they feel way better than new ones imo. They feel worn in, but not worn out if you know what I mean. I just don't like the feel of new guitars though so that could just be me. I personally just recently bought a 97 Mexican Strat with Texas Special pickups already installed for $300. I LOVE IT! Fender is definitely the way to go if you like that bluesy single-coil tone. I really recommend installing Texas Specials too. They have more of a bite to them that I really like.

What do you think of the coils that is on the guitar that i posted a link for?
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
you really dont need to know what to look for....
just look at some guitars.... if you think it looks cool try it out
then if you like the way it plays and the sound you get out of it
thats all that really matters

what type of amp are you using?

ah ok!
Right now i'm using the smallest amp you ever can imagine, it's like 1 foot high or something. I got i included with my first guitar package
well first things first sir... i would upgrade that amp....
I guess i should have also asked what type of guitar you have
and in regards to buying an 80 or 90s fender.... they do feel nicer than a new fender
but you need to watch out that your frets arent worn down to nothing....because then you will need to get that taken care of...which is additional cost....
Total Failure

Quote by Slovak_Ghost
well first things first sir... i would upgrade that amp....
I guess i should have also asked what type of guitar you have
and in regards to buying an 80 or 90s fender.... they do feel nicer than a new fender
but you need to watch out that your frets arent worn down to nothing....because then you will need to get that taken care of...which is additional cost....

Ok, well the guitar i got right now is some stratocaster wannabe, a Tanglewood.
It's nothing special. But, the amp question, what is a great amp within the price range of 300-400 Euro?
Ill tell you what....
people will rip on them and tell you they suck
but for a beginner a Line 6 Spider III is a great amp...

I bought the 75 watt one for $300 which i dont know the euro conversion of
but either way its too small to gig with but is a great practice amp

plus it has a ton of built in effects which are nice to play around with
without having to buy a ton of pedals
Total Failure

I would look for an amp for you, but am too lazy to convert the currency.
steve....you are too lazy...get a life
Total Failure

Ah ok! Great! Does the spider got great sound and stuff?
It looks really nice, maybe i'll get one of those! Thanks for att the help!
Last edited by Trc91 at Oct 4, 2008,
Spiders are way overpriced in most of europe....not sure where exactly you live. Even a really cheapass tiny spider III will set you back 110 euro (150 dollars).

Look for a nice tube combo.
WTLTL 2011