I pretty much never use my crappy Zoom pedal because it doesn't have a bypass, i think thats what they are called when you turn on the pedals effect by pushing it down. ok so back on topic, i am wanting a couple of pedals that had a bypass on them.

Heres my list to try out so far
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
BBE Boosta Grande (question on these, what does the clean boost do?)
Digitech BadMonkey (do they have a bypass or does it just add distortion when i have it in my set up?)

And ya thats about it.

*I am not going to buy any pedals yet, this is just so i can make a list next time i got to GC.

*And I will get a new amp, just not yet, im broke from buying my guitar.

So can you suggest some good pedals please.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
well, bypass and true-bypass are different, kinda. bypass just means the effect is not engaged when you dont want it too be, although the signal is run through the same path as the effect signal.

true bypass uses a separate signal path when the effect is not engaged

(i may be wrong, thats just how i think it works)

so, all pedals have a bypass of some sort. hope that helps clear that up?

edit: the clean boost, in theory, will give you a dB increase without adding gain. good for lead work. however, some boost pedals, such as the mxr micro amp, will add a small amount of gain as well as a dB increase. it can also be used to increase the output of single coils.

reminder; as far as i know, gain-boosts only work with tube amps. if you use a "gain-boost" with a SS amp, you will just get a dB increase.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Oct 4, 2008,
Ok, so i guess my pedals just stupid, because if i have the wah on, then it is always on, and if i put on some distortion then it is always on.
Lets jump in a pool

how do i do that?
Lets jump in a pool

Quote by I am wet
Ok, so i guess my pedals just stupid, because if i have the wah on, then it is always on, and if i put on some distortion then it is always on.

i have no experience with your pedal. most pedals work by having a "off-on" switch. press the switch to engage the effect, press again to turn off the effect. this may not apply to delay pedals due to tap-tempo features.

for instance, with my phase 90, if i put it into the guitar to amp signal, it will not make any effect until i step onto the on/off switch. it is then engaged until i again step on the same on/off switch, then after i do my signal is once again the clean guitar signal.
it's a multi-effect pedal
Lets jump in a pool

no the two switches are so switch between effects and the pedal just increases how much of the effect there is.
Lets jump in a pool

no they are like the channel button on a remote, you can scroll through them, up or down, and what ever you are on is on the screen.
Lets jump in a pool

maybe stepping on both of them bypasses them?

Edit:yeah, looked at the pedal, stepping on both of them will turn it off
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
^ k ill try that

EDIT: wow i feel really retarted it says bypass on the pedal...
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet at Oct 6, 2008,
BBE Boosta Grande: the Boosta Grande is just you, only louder. it is a clean signal boost, as opposed to another boost like a Boss OD-1 or an MXR micro amp.

Digitech Bad Monkey: yes, you can bypass it by stepping on it like a normal pedal. i think it uses FET switching though. FET is used mainly on Boss and Digitech pedals, but i think Ibanez uses them too.

An FET switch is a switch like your regular 1/4 inch switch found on the majoriy of pedals out there (MXR, Dunlop, Vox, Seymour Duncan, etc), only it's silent and has less of a click when you turn it on.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
^ k ty
Lets jump in a pool