If I were to put in better pickups, a new neck and refinish it, would a Squier Mini Strat sound good?Please dont snap, Im just curious.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I doubt it. It'd probably just sound like a Squier with new pickups...I'd just buy a new guitar.
If I get a new guitar itd involve a lot of waiting, and Im sick of it.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by Skierinanutshel
ummmmm any better sound tonal wise would be due to the pickups, unless you get a neck with a different top-wood (rosewood or maple).

you still have the same body/bridge system, so the tone would still be altered by those.

The new neck is because the current 1 is too small.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
The new neck is because the current 1 is too small.

It won't fit a new neck, it's only 3/4 the size of a normal neck, so the neck pocket will be tiny aswell.

Not to mention the guitars made of plywood, and I'm guessing the pickups in them aren't full ones anyways.

Trust me on this one, it would be worth the wait getting a new guitar.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
It won't fit a new neck, it's only 3/4 the size of a normal neck, so the neck pocket will be tiny aswell.

Not to mention the guitars made of plywood, and I'm guessing the pickups in them aren't full ones anyways.

Trust me on this one, it would be worth the wait getting a new guitar.

BTW the pickups are full. I can barely even play it anymore! Im sick of waiting, I had wait all summer for my BFDR.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
BTW the pickups are full. I can barely even play it anymore! Im sick of waiting, I had wait all summer for my BFDR.

Well, the thing is, new pickups and a new neck will cost the same as a new, full sized guitar anyways, so there wouldn't be much point. Not to say you'd have to do a lot of routing for the neck to fit properly, which again, costs time and money.

Just to say again.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I'm screwed with guitars arent I?
Quote by chip46
Quote by Skierinanutshel
Lil Macker, your sig is amusing.

you state all you need are new pickups to get good tone. i am guessing you are assuming this means the guitar itself is already of good quality?

No, Im just looking for options.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
I'm screwed with guitars arent I?

no. we all had to start from somewhere. keep saving up your money. if you dont have a job, then see if anyone around you can hire. if not, you are just going to have to wait. heck, i had my first johnson acoustic for like two years before i could get anything else. you just have to be patient, thats all

edit: haha, with my post above, the part under the "your sig is amusing" was directed at Lil Macker, with no relation to your guitar. lol sorry for the confusion
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Oct 4, 2008,
What kind of a budget do you have? Could you get to a Guitar Center or something similar?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Skierinanutshel
no. we all had to start from somewhere. keep saving up your money. if you dont have a job, then see if anyone around you can hire. if not, you are just going to have to wait. heck, i had my first johnson acoustic for like two years before i could get anything else. you just have to be patient, thats all

Yup, that's it in a nutshell. Just think of all the unfortunate people who can't even afford a guitar, at least you have one to play, even if you find it hard.

All the best things come from waiting!

(I'm so cheesy)
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Jango22
What kind of a budget do you have? Could you get to a Guitar Center or something similar?

I have a job, but barely get any work, it pays well. Budget is unknown, I may get some $ from my parents though. I can go to Guitar Center and a couple local stores like Alpha Music.
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Oct 4, 2008,
just wait man, it'll be so much sweeter when you finally get your guitar. Replacing pickups in that shitty wood is a terrible idea.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Then just save up, or borrow some cash from your parents, and get a ride to GC. You can try out as many guitars as you want until you find something that fits.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
Then just save up, or borrow some cash from your parents, and get a ride to GC. You can try out as many guitars as you want until you find something that fits.

Ok, thanks.
Quote by chip46
Quote by l3p4rd
just wait man, it'll be so much sweeter when you finally get your guitar. Replacing pickups in that shitty wood is a terrible idea.

Yeah, guitars just werent meant to be made out of plywood.
Quote by chip46