i cant open it. put it on your profile
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
i believe so
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

i still cant open it.....
GP files dont work on my computer
try putting it on your profile
Quote by monkeysintheday

Quote by stef123

its gotta in mp3 format i think
Quote by monkeysintheday

Quote by stef123

edit profile, its somewhere there
Quote by monkeysintheday

Quote by stef123

Excellent, I like it. Not sure how much it resembles ska though, seems a little too heavy/complicated to me... but then, it might be some weird ska off-shoot..
Anyway, it's good. I especially like the guitar and bass parts.
i think the bassline is quite...ska-y...if thats a word. And the verse was meant to be more like ska. If I had a trumpet player Id add one in! Thanks for the comments tho. Id like to know what people think of the solo, for example its really simple but should it be more complicated?
Thanks for the crit dude.

I'm critting as I listen...

This is amazing so far. Bassline sounds great, it's a nice bouncy start for the song the only remotely ska-ish band I listen to is Less Than Jake, and I don't know if they really count but I really enjoyed your piece. The guitar work was simple but very effective, and created a great feel to the song. I really enjoyed it. Sorry about not being very constructive but I don't know what else to say, it was awesome. Well done man!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
dude, you need to put in some brass and it will be amazing.

i enjoyed it though. especially the bridge part. nice job
the only problem is you have a G# Major over what should be (according to the bass) G#Minor.

it sounds really really weird and off. definitely not the right sound for the song.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
the only problem is you have a G# Major over what should be (according to the bass) G#Minor.

it sounds really really weird and off. definitely not the right sound for the song.

sorry I completly forgot to change that. when me and my band play it its ALWAYS a G# minor.
hey man thanks for the crit, again haha.

This song is definitely ska-ish. The bass and guitar represent that flawlessly. especially the guitar strokes on the upbeat starting on the second verse. this isnt really my style of music, so what came to mind for me was Blink 182 and "fringe" punk bands like that. Maybe some Catch 22 or Reel Big Fish, but no brass in this one. Maybe add some horns and it'll be golden for the ska scene.
The solo worked great for this song. I think that the solos arent really stressed in these songs much so a nice simple one like you have did well. good way to end the song.

Not a bad song..not my style, per se, but still very good. Just fix that G#..haha.

Maybe you could do this one for me?
Candid Camera
-Epi LP Ultra
-Mashall MG100HDFX half-stack
-Tama Imperialstar
-Epi "Hater-Slayer"
-Fender Ultimate Chorus
-Fender US Strat
-'51 Fender Pro-Amp Model 5A5 TV Front (sexy beast)
-Wechter Pathfinder A/E
-Washburn D-10SB