Well i've been thinking about what it is exactly that i like in a guitar. I have now realized one big thing is the neck. I hate flat necks of any type, thin or thick. I love the '59 les paul style neck and was wondering: are there any guitars with a similar or same neck for a reasonable price ($1000 USD or lower)? Coming with a floating trem would be a plus.
Go on to the Schecter guitar website. Their necks tend to have pretty large solid neck dimensions!
Quote by MetalMatt243
Go on to the Schecter guitar website. Their necks tend to have pretty large solid neck dimensions!

Yeah but they're flat as well. I tried a couple. Did not like. Guess i'm just picky
Epiphone Elitists used to have fairly thick, rounded necks, but those aren't made any more and it's hard to find them for sale now. Most of the 'Gibson copy' brands also make use of thick round necks. Vintage, Tokai, Agile, Rally, etc. Their quality does vary wildly though of course.

Some old Fenders also have a fairly solid and round neck profile, especially early Telecasters.

Other than that, I think you're a bit stumped. I prefer thick C-shape necks myself (flat U and D-shapes are painful to use for me), and the only necks I've ever found that have fitted the bill have been Gibson's '59 neck, their 50's neck, the Epi neck, and the neck on Tokai and Rally, and the models have always been either SG or LP style. Can't find a super-Strat with a thick neck for the life of me...
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by HighPotency
Well i've been thinking about what it is exactly that i like in a guitar. I have now realized one big thing is the neck. I hate flat necks of any type, thin or thick. I love the '59 les paul style neck and was wondering: are there any guitars with a similar or same neck for a reasonable price ($1000 USD or lower)? Coming with a floating trem would be a plus.
'90s MIJ Burny ... baseball-type neck, LFR, and less than $1000 when they show up and close on eBay.