I'm still a kinda nooby player, I'm on my second year, but from the school I go to ppl "judge" me cuz i used a Squier Strat affinity cuz I just started. I have around $350, I can save up, but I'd like some suggestions on better guitars. I like to play rock and some acoustic stuff, so a guitar that works basically for rock and [ open chords and etc. when I play acoustic] .
thanks you.
epiphone SG? I got one and its pretty good..I got it for $300
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
I've been looking for a beginner guitar also, but I want a good one. What would someone recommend more for rock/metal? a mexican Strat, or an Ibanez RG?
Don't get a strat for metal.
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...
Quote by Nalemor
I've been looking for a beginner guitar also, but I want a good one. What would someone recommend more for rock/metal? a mexican Strat, or an Ibanez RG?

For rock and metal, definitely an Ibanez.

As for the thread starter, how much can you spend? Personally I wouldn't upgrade a Squier Strat for a 350 buck guitar. Save up at least another 150$. After 2 years of playing get something that is at least decent.
Quote by DamXT

As for the thread starter, how much can you spend? Personally I wouldn't upgrade a Squier Strat for a 350 buck guitar. Save up at least another 150$. After 2 years of playing get something that is at least decent.

is $399 a good price for a new RG? sorry, im pretty new to guitars :\
yeah, you should save a bit more, and you should take a look at godin guitars, they are pretty cheap and very decent, I own one, and do not think about changing it
Quote by DamXT

+1 most squier strats i've seen are worth 230-250$...unless you go used and get one hell of a deal you probably won't be able to get anything too much better than what you already have...

anyways...if you're that set on getting a new guitar what kind of scale do you like? (short scale, LP scale, strat/tele scale?) what type of songs do you play alot?
Well, I'll make some suggestions, but I need to know things first. You want a metal Shred guitar, or a Classic Rock guitar? Tremolo (FLoyd, Vintage, Etc.) or no trem.? And single coil pickups (Like a Strat) or Humbuckers?
Ibanez SAS32EX
Caparison TAT II
Music Man JP 6
BOSS GT-10
ENGL Fireball 60
ENGL Pro Greenback 4x12

I just want a guitar that can play all kinds well, something like an Epiphone. That's what I'm leaning to, but there could be better options, I like playing rock, acoustic [ open chords etc. ], solos.
$300 after 2 years of playing? I had a $600 guitar 3 months into playing. I would definitely save up and treat yourself to a nice quality guitar.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
I'm going to be saving up, but I need to know which ones/ suggestions to get. I don't need a metal genre guitar, something like a Epiphone. I have $300+ right now, after I find a job [still in school .. not even uni yet] I'll have enuf money