Newbish question: What are Delay pedals for? The word delagives the thought that they cut down on your sustain, but I dont see hwo that helps. Whhats up with them?
Read the stickies. Learn to type.
They echo and modify your sound, and even...delay it.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
It repeats any signal your guitar may send, and you can usually determine several features like the timing and depth of the echo produced, as well as how many times it actually repeats the signal.
WTLTL 2011
Be careful tho... its really annoying if theres more than about 3 echos...
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Narcissus262
Newbish question: What are Delay pedals for? The word delagives the thought that they cut down on your sustain, but I dont see hwo that helps. Whhats up with them?

no, what you're thinking of is "decay" which is used on synths with ADSR envelope filters to weaken the sustain where you need it. Delay is something completely different which repeats the signal like an echo.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
search youtube and hear it for yourself.

edit: good explanation/demo of delays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-oz1tVmaoQ&feature=related
Last edited by _Sanitarium_ at Oct 5, 2008,