Hey Pit!

I've got around 300 bucks, maybe 400 at most, for a guitar and an amp. Now, it's sort of a gift and not for me, so please don't tell me to save up and get a Les Paul. All I need is a pair of Pro-Mark drumsticks, nine bucks. Anyways, I was just thinking whether it was possible to get a decent guitar and a small amp for that, and if so, what would those be? How much is a Roland Micro-Tube, for example? And is there anything other than Squier in this price range? Oh, and I'd like to avoid these starter kits, if possible...

Thanks guys!
for rent
Both? Squier start pack.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
if its a starter guitar, then i rocomend a jay turser strat package
or perhaps and berhinger package but my amp was shit and the guitar broke after 2 years

either one should cost you about 200~250

EDIT:sryy i didn't read the whole post, get a squire and a line 6 15w spiderII
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Yeah, both. You see, it's not for gigging or anything, she just likes to play, so I don't really think any technical talk here is necessary, just a decent (in a good way ) guitar and amp, but something that won't break after 5 minutes of playing.
for rent
All I wanna know is whether I have enough cash or not, that's all. Enough cash for something good enough to just play for fun, you know.
for rent
my first was a westfield strat copy and practise amp, the guitar actually really good and i even still play it from time to time, and the amp i got in the pack is the amp i still use lol... yes i am getting a good amp in the near future
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Alright, thanks, I hope it's possible. I myself have a really REALLY good Squier, I mean it's a Squier and all, and my Ibanez is better, but the Squier's really good too. And a Roland Micro-Cube, I don't remember how much it cost, though
for rent
At Wal-mart anything is possible.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Hey, why should I know, I ****ing stole my bass-drum pedal, and got all my guitars from my dad, so it's like I'm losing my music-equipment-buying virginity here.
for rent
pretty pathetic guitar and amp that go for 300 bucks man.... youll be lucky if it has all 6 strings.
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
Well, it might be a little more... Should have worked harder this month, though, would have gotten a bigger salary, oh well
for rent
a micro-cube and a squire custom telecaster

well theres 2 tele's i'd recomend, this one: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Black-Chrome-Special-Edition-Tele-Electric-Guitar?sku=519619

and this one: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Tele-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=515113

EDIT: I didnt read the part where u said you didnt want a squire, but these are pretty good quality, and IMO the same quality than a fender. and the second one is pretty much better than any epiphone.
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by xyz66 at Oct 4, 2008,
OMG, a Tele!!! I'm totally going for that just to be able to play the Tele myself :P Thanks, bro, that's what I'm gonna do.

P.S. Weird feeling: I'm happy to SPEND my hard-earned 300 bucks, but I really am. Not that I've spent the money yet, but I'm still kind of excited. This girl + Tele = heaven.
for rent
you can get a good deal if you do it over the net
but, in store, forget it.
not unless it's one of those starter kits, and even those are climbing in price.
my bass alone ran me 300$, so you should save up and invest a little more in that present you get it not only for appreciation but for longevity.
[font="Arial Blackeat my asshole... far more tasteful than kissing someone's ass[/FONT"]
Get an Epiphone starter kit thing. You can get a decent, solid LP or SG and practice amp. Epiphone has the best quality for price.

Those are like... $250 where I'm from.
Quote by Trefellin
Get an Epiphone starter kit thing. You can get a decent, solid LP or SG and practice amp. Epiphone has the best quality for price.

Those are like... $250 where I'm from.

I know it's a weird thing to say, but isn't it a little heavy?..
for rent